Ruger SR9c

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by TheXxInvictusxX, Jul 14, 2011.

1. TheXxInvictusxX

TheXxInvictusxX New Member

I'm buying my first handgun and I put a Ruger SR9c in Lay-a-Way and was wondering what people thought of the SR9c.

2. luvtoshootum

luvtoshootum New Member

Dude....GREAT little blaster!! The SR9C is one of my EDC weapons along with a 1911 and a Kahr CW9.

I have about 500 rounds through mine, and I love it....

Enjoy!!

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I almost bought a full-framed SR9 shortly after their release...still haven't shot one, but that'll change at some point. I like that they're relatively slim for a double-stack pistol. I know a couple people that have them and they've been really pleased. I'll have to invite them (and their guns) shooting at some point.

If you like the feel, I think you'll be satisfied.

4. David26

David26 New Member

I have had my SR9c for around 6 months now and it has been a great little gun one of my fav to take to the range and been completly trouble free with around 1000 rds threw it.. i mean come on it a Ruger how could u go wroung... My only complaint about it is i didnt wait to get the SR40c.

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

One of my main go to & carry guns :cool:

[​IMG]

6. boltaction

boltaction New Member

Great gun. Your going to be pleased. I have an SR9c as my main carry and I am very happy with it. Congrats with your buy.

7. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

It's my main carry gun too. You're going to love it, and it's a Ruger so you can't go wrong with it ;).

8. RIRdKng

RIRdKng New Member

I've had mine for only a week and a half, but I've been to the range 3 times with it. After the first trip, it became my new favorite !!! I can't believe how little recoil there is (it seems comparable to my Bersa 380), it's more accurate than I am and it's comfortable to carry. I've run 5 different brands of ammo through it and it seems to handle everything fine so far. I had 3 jams the first time I used the 17 rnd mag --- I was blaming the ammo, but I think maybe the mag had some packing grease that needed to be cleaned a bit, because I've used another couple of boxes of that ammo since, without a hitch.
    I know you'll be thrilled with your purchase ... I am !!!

9. azlobo

azlobo New Member

Its not too late to get one of each =). The mag extension sleeves and most accessories are interchangeable (except for the mags of course - the SR40/c is .006 of an inch bigger, in width, which is fine for leather and well within tension screw adjustment tolerances for kydex).

10. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i like my sr9c. its comfortable in the hand

11. Renissant

Renissant New Member

I love my SR9c. I got mine last Thursday, put 150 rounds through it on Friday, can't wait to shoot it again. It was also my first handgun. Accurate, low recoil, fits awesome in the hand. I was with 5 other guys w/ Springfield and S&W .45 caliber handguns, 2 AR style rifles and an over/under shotgun, and guess what? Everyone wanted to shoot my SR9C! A fun gun to shoot, carry, and regardless what .45 caliber fans say, two in the chest with a 9mm=game over! I was easily putting my first shot right between the eyes of my targets at 20 yards, and I'm not that experienced a shooter. Trust me when I say you will not regret buying this pistol.

The only thing I didn't like: the SR9C comes with two mags: a 17 round mag and a 10 round mag. Being that I'm from Jersey, my gun only came with one mag: 10 rounds (the 17 round mag is illegal). So I called Ruger and said that they should accommodate ALL their customers and send me a second 10 round mag free, so I have two mags. They told me to go to hell. Lol

12. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

Love mine, you won't be disappointed :D

13. mark1616

mark1616 New Member

I love my SR9c, and if I ever get a CCW, it will be my daily carry.

14. TheXxInvictusxX

TheXxInvictusxX New Member

I finally got my SR9c out of layaway I have yet to shoot it to give any review on it.

15. Renissant

Renissant New Member

My review of the sr9c

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rGoOKIfOEc&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Ruger SR9c Review - YouTube[/ame]

16. SgtSam

SgtSam New Member

I used to love the "hell" out of mine. However, a little incident occurred not to long ago to stop all of that love. I hope it never happens to you.

MY WIFE DECIDED THAT SHE LIKED IT "MORE" THAN I POSSIBLY COULD EVER LIKE IT, SO SHE TOOK IT FOR HER OWN. What do you do when the "WAR DEPARTMENT" speaks. So, I guess I'll just have to get another one, then I can start "loving" it again. :D

She was very nice about it. When she decided that she "needed" it, she gave me her old stainless Taurus 85, 3" ported. And smiled the whole time! :D

Anyway, it's Great little gun. My wife's is very reliable, handles nicely in her hands, fits nicely in her purse when necessary (she doesn't use a holster), and she can hit what she shoots at with it. Now she can hit more often and harder than she used to.

Enjoy!

17. TX45

TX45 New Member

I also love my SR9c which is my EDC gun now. I am gonna get the SR40c as well and I will definitely get the SR45c when it comes out. The Taurus PT145 is also my favorite but it's a bit too bulky for summer time. I only carried it during the winter since I bought the SR9c.

18. RC9361

RC9361 New Member

I've had my SR9c for a couple of months now. Put about 500 rounds through it without a single jam. This is my CCW of choice. Also carry S&W M&P9 when conceal is not necessary. I would like to comment on Renissant comment of only getting 1 magazine with his purchase. There are 2 mags in the box wtraight from Ruger. States where the 17 round mag is illegal receive 2 10 round mags. You need to check with your dealer to find out what happened to your 2nd magazine. I've had dealings with Ruger in the past & find it extremely hard to believe they told you to get lost.