Ruger SR9c

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by CA357, Sep 8, 2010.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Anybody got one? If you do, what do you think of it?

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Don't know about the SR9c, I did have an SR9 and it was a fine shooter. Did not like it after I sent it in for the trigger fix:confused: I couldn't stand the stupid hinge Glocky/XD trigger safety whatever the crap it is called.

Sorry that wasn't much help.
    [​IMG]

3. CA357

Sorry Shi, I just can't buy a Sigma. I just bought an SR9c. ;)

I'm very impressed with it. I'm also not crazy about the trigger safety thingamabob, but it has an actual thumb safety. It's also slimmer and more comfortable to me than a block Glock. I checked out XD's and M&P's, but the Ruger felt better to me and it was reasonably priced.

(I sold my GP100 to pay for it) Now it's in CA 10 day gun jail. :mad:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  4. Shihan

The SR9 is a fine gun, the trigger was just not for me. It will be nice if they made an SR45.:D

5. CA357

I love me some .45's. :D

6. m260gt

m260gt New Member

i just picked up my SR9c this past friday. havent got to go to the range yet. but ill be going friday and sunday to shoot it so i will report back, except youve already bought it. i will still report back

7. CA357

Let us know anyway. The more range reports the better to evaluate a gun.

8. m260gt

m260gt New Member

exactly. i still have to get the whole hand gun shooting down, ive been shooting rifles and shot guns my whole life, just switched to hand guns. but i will report back.

9. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I shot an SR9 a while ago at a gun owners "event" at a local range. We were all trying out each others guns and was an interesting time. I put I think 3 mags thru it and it functioned perfectly. I shot it OK but I found the trigger less than "crisp". Nice all around gun though...

10. CA357

Yeah, the trigger has the safety doohicky as well. However, I wanted a smaller concealable pistol and trigger aside, it fits me well. I figure I can get used to the trigger, it's not all that bad.

I'm used to my 1911, so no plastic trigger will compare anyway.

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

That's the sad truth. As much as I like 1911s, I don't carry them either so I have to adapt to "lesser" triggers. I've been pretty impressed with the SRT (short reset) triggers on my Sigs. No, they'll never be 1911s but I handle them pretty well...

12. CA357

Sigs are great pistols, but the grip on the 226 I had was too fat for my right thumb to handle comfortably. I had a P6 a couple of years back that fit better because it was single stack.

One of the things about the SR9c that impressed me most was the narrow width of the grip even though it hides a double stack magazine.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  13. m260gt

m260gt New Member

i actually liked the trigger on the sr9c. it fit well to my style of shooting i guess. although i havent had the pleasure of shooting a 1911...but one day. I think the size of the ruger is perfect for what it is. I wouldnt want one any smaller.

14. phototom1

phototom1 New Member

bought one

I purchased a Ruger SR9c Sat 09_11_2010 from Bass Pro in Grapevine,Tx.
    I have not had the chance to fire it ,Hope to go to the range Fri. I will report back on the performance. It seems to fit the hand really well I was looking for a grip that did not fell to full as i have to trigger with the middle finger, as my index finger is missing at the fist joint.However I did some dry firing with the index finger an it seems to work well even with the finger being short.
    More later on performance and my ability to adapt.
    Tom H

15. Shihan

This 10 day wait seems like it has been a month, how do you stand it?

16. CA357

I hate the 10 day wait, but it's an unfortunate fact of life here in California.

I've been reworking my Eddystone and I went shooting with Dunerunner last Friday. So, I shot, cleaned & lubed guns and am reassembling the Eddystone now.

I refinished the Eddystone, both the steel and the stock and I now have it reassembled. Now I've got a Huber Concepts match trigger installed and I'm trying to get it adjusted.

I'm going to post a thread on the Eddystone when it's completed. I'm also waaay behind on the FTF Bushcraft classes and have to get busy with that.

I'll pick up the Ruger on Friday afternoon.

17. m260gt

m260gt New Member

3 day wait for me here in fl
    :D:D:D

18. Texanbybirth

Texanbybirth New Member

No wait in TX. Well, maybe 30 minutes if you don't have a CHL. Occaisionally, the Feds will hold you up for 3 days if you have a very common name.

I like the way the SR9 feels in my hand. I've never handled an SR9C. The trigger isn't very crisp, but it isn't too bad for the price.

19. m260gt

m260gt New Member

no wait would be awesome. if i had my CWP there would be no wait here. i read on a site that they changed the trigger for the SR9c, got rid of the complaints people had. and that trigger was to be going into all the new SR9 full sizes. Also read that theres no way to upgrade the trigger to the new one from the old one. I love the trigger!

20. CA357

I won't know about the trigger for a while. :(