ruger sr9c

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by hammer25, Feb 10, 2010.

1. hammer25

hammer25 New Member

have several glocks and xds just purchased a ruger sr9c comapct 9mm anyone tried this gun out yet

2. UltraClassic2008

UltraClassic2008 New Member

Although it is not the compact version, I am genuinely impressed with my Ruger SR9. When you take it to range, you're going to love it. MY SR9 is my nightstand piece, but I like it so well that I plan to get an SR9C for a carry piece.

3. dgray64

dgray64 New Member

Why do you love it? I've shot several different 9s and really like my Glock. I hefted an SR9 at the gun store and it felt good, but I didn't have the cash to try it out. I need more facts before I buy. Thanks.

Dave :confused:

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Where's the pics??!! :D

5. Sangerlover

Sangerlover New Member

I was looking at the sr9 a few monthes ago but after a little investigation on line I found some issues that still needed to be worked out by Ruger. I decided that for the same or close to the same money I would another XD.

6. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

The issues have been worked out. It was a problem with the trigger and if it was dropped. If you had the older trigger you could send it to them and they will upgrade it for you and you would get it back in less than a week. It is a very nice Pistol.
    Most of the ones out have already been retro fitted.
    This is the old trigger:[​IMG]

Hop on over to the Introductions section and let everyone know a little about yourself.

7. Sangerlover

Sangerlover New Member

The trigger recall was an older issue, I believe the issue I read about was a "pinging" issue that appears after several hundred rounds.

8. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I have had no issues with mine. Haven't heard of the problems.

Besides, Ruger has some of the best Customer Service I have ever dealt with.
    They will fix their guns if there ever is a problem.
    So I have No worries.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
  9. tallguy130

tallguy130 New Member

I've been thinking about picking one of these up. SR9 standard not the compact. If you don't mind, how much should I expect to pay? Thanks!

10. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

I haven't shot the SR9c but I have put a couple hundred through a SR9 and I have enjoyed every one of em. I personaly like the ergonomics. It points easily for me and just feels great in my hand. The only stopages have been because of limpwristing when I was first learning to shoot, other than that it has been 100% reliable. I read about the trigger when we first purchased the gun and people said that it is sticky to begin with. I noticed this slightly but as reviewers said, it fades with use. At least to a new shooter such as myself. Last but not least (as with all my guns) it will most likely always be more accurate than me :p at least untill I get some more experience...

11. themyst

themyst New Member

I have an SR9 standard and it cost $425.00. I just ordered a mob holster for it.

And as for the trigger issue, here is the serial number info from Ruger - SR9 Product Safety Warning and Recall Notice:

"We have resumed production of SR9 pistols and the "330" prefix remains the same in both the original and newly manufactured pistols. However, newly manufactured SR9 pistols have serial numbers of 30000 or higher (that is 330-30000 or more) and original SR9 pistols have serial numbers below 30000 (that is, 330-29999 or less). Of course, if you purchased a used SR9 or recently purchased a new SR9, it may already have the retrofit parts."

Mine is one of the 30000+ serial numbers so there was no issue with mine.

12. Biohazurd

Biohazurd New Member

I currently only own the Standard sr9 but have shot the sr9c that a friend owns and was very impressed. It is up to par with my sr9 in every shape in form. No malfunctions in the 150 rounds my self and my friend shot. Accuracy was as expected great! I would like to buy one sometime in the future if money allows...

13. jps37033

jps37033 New Member

I just did a short review on the SR9c. I am very impressed with it. I will go as far as to say that it is my favorite handgun out of any I have handled/owned.

Fit and finish
    Reliability so far
    Capacity
    Sights
    Grip feel
    Ruger
    Extras that come with it

14. Paulmac

Paulmac New Member

Great gun ,bought 2 years ago ,2 inch groups at 20 yards right out of teh box ,conceals easily.three friends shot it and bought one ..

15. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Had one for yrs-
    Zero hiccups-
    [​IMG]