Ruger SR9c vs Taurus PT-740

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Scratchammo, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Ruger SR9c

94.4%
  2. Taurus PT-740

5.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I like the quality of ruger but I also like the firepower of a .40 S&W. The Ruger holds more ammo and the Taurus is super slim. This is for CCW. Opinions?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Little .40s are tough to shoot well as they are very snappy - but if that's what you want. I voted Ruger simply because I wouldn't trust a Taurus polymer handgun with my life, just to many lemons seem to get through QC...

3. Olympus

Olympus New Member

.40 is a compact polymer frame would not be enjoyable to me. I'm more than happy with my SR9c!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I've never even fired a Taurus. :eek: The gun shop where I used to work wouldn't carry them because of QC and customer service complaints. So, I have no basis for comparison.

However, I did own a Ruger SR9c and I liked it a bunch. The only thing I didn't like was the stupid loaded chamber flag indicator on top of the slide. I sold it to pay for a basic Rock Island GI 1911 since I'm a 1911 guy.

It's been my experience that the .40S&W is a very snappy round. In a light weight pistol, that can affect reacquiring the target.

I'm just chiming in to hopefully give you some food for thought. It's your call, good luck.

5. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I wouldn't want to play with a .40 in a SRc frame.

6. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I see the verdict is clear. Thanks y'all, I sure need a replacement for my..... (cough)Hi Point(cough) :rolleyes:

7. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Ruger vs. Taurus? Go for quality. People will bring up Ruger recalls, but Ruger always fixes the problem. Taurus? Meh. Good luck.
    Just another A holes opinion, but I have 4 Rugers and Taurus will never take space in my safe.

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

9. Thebiker

Thebiker New Member

Never owned a Taurus, mainly because I have a few friends that did nothing but cuss about problems with their Taurus autos and the lack of support to fix the @#$%& problems.

I have owned one Ruger auto in .45, don't remember the model (P90?) and it shot just great, no mechanical issues or feed issues ever. Traded it on a 1911 because it was just too bulky to conceal easily.

10. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I bought an SR9c for my wife and she finally let me shoot it Saturday. I traded my Glock 19 for an SR9c for myself yesterday.:)
    I sent a Taurus pistol back to Taurus a month ago and dont expect to have it any time soon.:(