Ruger SR9c trigger job

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Scratchammo, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

I don't know how many times this has been posted but I'm about to do mine because basically I ******* hate the trigger & I noticed the smaller trigger spring. I bet if I made it heavier it'd probably help drop the pounds a little. I'm not cutting my striker spring. What do y'all think? What about the aftermarket transfer bar?

2. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Look into the Ghost Trigger system. I have them in my Glocks and I know they make them for the SR series Rugers. Pretty simple and quick to do in a Glock...I bet the Ruger is just as easy.

3. Scratchammo

Scratchammo New Member

Thanks. I ordered the Ghost Ultimate.

4. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

I have an SR9. I wasn't too worried about the trigger, but decided to upgrade it anyway. I got myself the Ghost trigger bar, I think it was the Ultimate. I would really recommend it. It drops about 2 pounds off the trigger pull. You'll need to know how to detail strip the pistol in order to do this upgrade. It's pretty simple, just try to make sure you don't lose any parts. There are videos on youtube that explain how to detail strip, follow them.

Galloway Precision mainly does Ruger SR9/40 parts. I got a polished aluminum striker indicator, and the stainless mag release. I didn't notice much of a difference with the striker indicator, and it was kind of a pain to put in.....might not be missing out on much if you pass on that. The stainless mag release did take some grit out of the mag release.....only downfall is one side is extended about 1/4". I'm thinking about grinding it down and sanding both sides flat so it matches, but I'm not too worried about how it looks right now.

If you're looking for a real clean pull and crisp break, you probably won't get there with this gun. But I have really enjoyed slingin' some rounds down range with it. Enjoy.

5. FirstSergeant

FirstSergeant New Member

Most factory trigger wear in to an acceptable level of performance after a bit of breaking in, 500 rounds or so. Iv'e found they keep getting better with round count.