Ruger SR9c range first visit

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by m260gt, Sep 12, 2010.

1. m260gt

m260gt New Member

So i went to the range to shoot my new ruger SR9c on friday, and i must say it felt perfect in my hand, and shot, in my opinion, better than my friends XD SC. It had hardly any kick at all. I put 100 rounds through it with no problems at all.

this was only my second time ever shooting a handgun, this gun made it really easy. i will try and put up pictures of the targets.

a couple weeks ago i shot my friends Springfield XD 9mm SC, and a S&W sigma 9, but i like how my ruger shot way better than theirs. The trigger pull was awesome and almost felt like a rifle, which is what i like.

I am very happy with this gun!

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Excellent! Please get pics up when you can.

I'm still waiting for mine to bail out of CA ten day gun jail. I'll pick it up Friday. :(

3. m260gt

m260gt New Member

here is the pic of the two targets with some outlines of the groupings. i know, not the greatest yet, but its the first time i shot the gun, and second time ever shooting a hand gun. it can only get better!

[​IMG]

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's actually pretty darn good. It's not a target pistol, it's for self defense. Those groups will keep you alive. Just continue to practice and you'll get better.

5. m260gt

m260gt New Member

thanks. i was happy with my performance. when i shot the XD and S&W i didnt do as good, prob cause it was my first time. but i agree, it will keep me alive. thats all i got it for. shooting at the range is fun too. i need to find a place to go for free around here though.

6. DogRanger

DogRanger New Member

Congrats its a good gun...:D

7. m260gt

m260gt New Member

thanks! yes it is. cant wait to shoot it again.

8. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

My wife loves her SR9c. I have to admit its is awesome. I will carry it if they ever pass a CC law here.

9. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

This is sooo my next pistol. I really like the look of it.

Good Shooting.

10. m260gt

m260gt New Member

thanks! yeah i like the look of it too.

11. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I like your choice and appreciate the range report. I am looking to pick one up in two weeks at the local gun show.

12. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

Going to be my next gun too. Am waiting to see if it comes in Raspberry like the .380. Don't want to get a black one and have them come out right after I get one.

13. Eric76

Eric76 New Member

I dont know the weapon well and Ive never shot one but it looks like you handle it well. If youre doing that already imagine how tight the groups will get as you keep practicing..Keep it up..

14. rangeshooter

rangeshooter New Member

SR9 and SR9c similarly accurate

I got the Ruger SR9c last week. Had both it and the standard SR9 at the range Thrusday and have to say, I felt I shot as accurately with the slightly shorter barrel SR9c as I did with the SR9. Or should I say as inaccurately, whatever, you get what I'm saying. Love both pistols.

On another topic, it sure is disappointing how badly I shoot my son's 3 inch barrel and my 4 inch barrel Ruger 357 Magnum (using 38 ammo), as compared to his 6" barrel 357 revolver. At 10 yards with the 3" barrel I'm lucky to hit the 12" target, and this is shooting single action. Shooting "double action", at age 60+ and in my 2nd year of shooting since the Army 40+ years ago, forget any kind of accuracy. Still a blast out there. Wish I'd discovered shooting years ago.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010