Ruger SR9c in the hospital

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Firearms4ever, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Well, I was cleaning my Ruger SR9c this morning and I decided to take the frame apart and clean her real well. I was reassembling her when the spring that is attached to the slide stop/release came off of it. I tried to put the spring back on it, but then it split in two :mad:. So it looks like I've got to send her to get fixed up since they do not sell that specific part online, and I'm going to have her properly reassembled while she's there.

Of course the spring spliting was my fault, because I put too much preassure on it. Not to mention this was my first time breaking down the frame without proper punches to use. Guess I'll ask the wife for a set of punches for Christmas ;).

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  2. Marthor

Marthor New Member

Perhaps a gender change while she's under the knife?

3. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

If that were the case I'd have to send all my firearms back :eek:.

4. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Just an update. She returned home today and I could not be more pleased with Ruger. Everything works very sound and her action is actually a little bit smoother. The only thing I was not rather happy to discover is for some reason the saftey does not click when you engage it or disengage it. Instead it takes almost no effort to move it. This is probably due to me taking down the frame without knowing how. I'm going to contact Ruger again and ask if I should send it back to get the thumb saftey working more correctly.

5. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 New Member

Glad to hear she's back and working fine. Let us know what they say about that safety!

6. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Forgot to mention that they did everything for free. I only had to pay the shipping to them. All in all I'm very pleased with Ruger.

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Hahaha.........yeah, you gotta watch out for those Rugers.........

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f33/yes-i-am-now-one-those-45994/

Actually, in my "Adventures in Rugerland", I noticed on the safety there is a VERY, VERY tiny piece that fits into the safety. If it's not there, the safety won't 'lock' into place.

Go down to the 14th set of pictures and look at what the red arrow is pointing to on the left picture. I know my gun isn't the same as yours but I bet this is what is missing. There's a little 'catch' and a very, VERY tiny spring that can be quite elusive when putting the gun back together. Ask me how I know. :(

http://www.1bad69.com/ruger/internals.htm

8. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

Well, I'll be darned. You were right! I watched a video series on how to dissasemble the internals and I did what he said to do and there was no plunger :eek:. I'll have to send her back since they do not sell that part and I could not get the Trigger Bar Lift Spring to go back into it's place :(. There's another $100 down the drain...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011