Ruger SR9

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by rebel619, Oct 25, 2011.

1. rebel619

rebel619 New Member

New member, any one familiar with it? Im picking one up on saturday, I live in california so I had to wait for the infamous 10 day waiting period...

2. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

I've got one and have loved it. I had one issue with some very odd wear and tear on the slide. I sent it to Ruger and they replaced the slide and shipped her back free of charge. Great customer service and made in America. Got to love it.

3. Hotshot

Hotshot New Member

I have a compact and put well over 1,000 rounds through it in the last year with no problems. I have used anything from Tula ammo to Gold Dots. This has become my everyday concealed carry gun.

4. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Hey, if it can eat that Tula crap, its worthy:) I dont own a Ruger but ive heard great things about it. Check out Nuthinfancy(spellcheck) in youtube, He does a review on the Ruger SR9.

5. rebel619

rebel619 New Member

Yea I checked them out, seems like a decent gun...i cant wait to pick mine up!

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Had one -
    Liked it-
    Traded it-
    BUT my SR9C has a home right here :D

7. Werminator

Werminator Member

I bought the fullsize SR9 based on the Nutnfancy review and weeks of molesting it and 4 others that I was interested in. I have a little over 3k rounds through mine with absolutely zero problems. It has been fed mostly the cheap steel cased stuff but it hasn't failed to fire or eject ANYTHING... I did find the MFS2000 or whatever the name is for that cheapo ammo did not shoot consistently but it has done very very well with everything else...

8. fwsr9

fwsr9 New Member

I too am thinking of owning this masterpiece if a handgun.. I also seen nutnfancys review n hikok45s review on the sr9c I'm between either one at the moment.. I will be my first handgun I am also thinking of using it to carry. I cannot wait to scrape up enough cash to get one of these.

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I don't have one yet, but it is on my short list. I'm just not sure what I'm getting for a 9 first:

SR9c for 400
    BHP for 800
    EMP for 1100

10. ZombieKiller83

ZombieKiller83 New Member

I have an SR9c and i love it! I've run about 600 rds through mine including cheap ruskie ammo and the only malfunction i've had was my own doing, i did not seat the full size mag all the way and it mis fed. It's one pistol i would not sell.

11. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

I have a SR9c and it is a great pistol. It is a bit thick for me as far as IWB carry but, I am 95% sure I am keeping it. As a HD gun, and possibly occasional carry. It points and shoots so well and it's 17+1 with the extended mag which is more than enough for HD use.

12. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I have the SR9c and love it. For $400 you can't beat it. I've had zero malfunctions with mine and the only thing I don't like is the magazines I find are fairly stiff, but seem to be loosening up. I'm very use to how the 1911 operates and I find the SR9c to be very much like it regarding the thumb saftey and how it's carried.

13. fwsr9

fwsr9 New Member

I don't have much shooting experience, I guess my best bet would be to go up to a local gun range and try a few out. It'll be my first handgun so I want to be sure of my purchase. Are there really any advantages/disadvantages between the SR9 and the SR9c?

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

The SR9c is more concealable than the SR9. It would be a good home defense and carry gun.

The SR9 has a longer sight radius, so it would probably be a little more accurate. The increased barrel length would mean less muzzle flip as well.

If you have any desire of carrying the weapon, go with the SR9c. Otherwise, I doubt you'll be disappointed with either purchase.

15. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

I love my Ruger SR9c :cool:

16. fwsr9

fwsr9 New Member

Thanks scott.. when I got off of work went by the LGS they had a great deal.. Ruger SR9c with a 50 box ammo for the range and a 20 box of HP for HD, the conceal class and a $18 holster all for $550 I think this may be the best deal if seen.. although I have seen the sr9c for $398 online but then you have ffl charges and all.

17. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

The SR9c is a joy to shoot. The balance is perfect and the trigger is awesome. The dual spring absorbs a lot of felt recoil too. It's hard to miss with it.

18. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 New Member

I agree with the above. If you ever plan on concealing it, go with the SR9c. It's an awesome gun that I will never get rid of. I love the way the 17 round mag makes it so versatile.

19. rebel619

rebel619 New Member

You got an awesome deal!

20. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

We have his and hers SR9c's. Very easy to shoot and accurate. A lot cheaper to shoot than my 45's.