Ruger SR9 - - - Any experiences?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by CallMaker, Apr 23, 2012.

1. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

Any input on the Ruger SR9 would be helpful.

Thanks,

Ed

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

It's a nice little gun. Shoots well and is reliable. That said the trigger is horrible. Need any more info?

3. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

Thanks MM. Reliable is a good quality, as is shooting well. The trigger pull thing will need some looking into.

Thanks.

Ed

4. GrtWhytHype

GrtWhytHype New Member

I've had mine for the last year now. One of my absolute favorite guns! Liked it so much that I got the SR9c for carry. I'm not sure about the other poster but my full size has a BEAUTIFUL trigger. Tested at 3.5 lb consistently. The compact was a little stiffer but after i polished the trigger bar it was almost as smooth. The only problem I had with it was that coming straight from the Ruger there were some burrs on the slide release that I had to file down. All in all great gun though. Shoots straight, never jams, and it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. All I can ask for from a gun.

FYI the trigger is the newer type. Ruger recalled them early on because of AD's and retrofitted them with the Glock style trigger safety.

5. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

Thanks GrthWhytHype,

Sounds like you are sold on that gun. I'll need to find one to eyeball and try the trigger.

Thanks again.

Ed

6. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

I find the triggers on Ruger SR series pistols to be quite nice.

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Sh&t I just realized I miss read the post. I was referring to the lc9. Sorry for the confusion.

8. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I have the SR9c. I'm pretty impressed with it. It is one of my two carry guns.

10. 99zulu

99zulu New Member

I have an sr40 and i like it a lot. Didn't want to chamber a round the very first time I went to shoot it, but have had no issues since putting a couple hundred rounds through it.

11. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member