Ruger SR9 and P95

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by scott_gen, Mar 15, 2012.

1. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

Anyone own these? Can I get some feedback or input on these? I've added these to my hit list of needs. Thanks in advance.

2. Redd

Redd New Member

I just bought the SR9 and I love it. Took it to the range last week and it was flawless. The sights were nice and the recoil was very manageable.

3. Gert999

Gert999 New Member

I bought the P95 a month ago ran me 360 for the blued. Great gun i love it, bulky for CC but great accuracy. One mag had problems till after bout 350 rounds. no problems after that and i love the safety of the decocker, since my wife and kid shoot it. 15 round capacity is nice and easy to disassemble.

4. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I purchased the SR9C last summer. I have put 700 rounds through it and have not been disapointed. no problems. shoots pretty good. i would imagin the SR9 is just as good. my friend has the the other pistol. its nice. i dont like it and would rather have a 1911 or something. it does shoot okay. had a problem with one magazine as the other poster said. i believe its working fine now tho

5. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

Thanks gentlemen, looked at a bunch of YouTube reviews and didn't run across any bad reviews. My hit list keeps growing daily!

6. raceroch

raceroch New Member

P95 shoots. Are you in RI? If so and want to try her out come shoot!

7. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

I am. Where are you?

8. 3spur

3spur New Member

I just ordered my SR9 and I'm very excited, saw lots of good reviews on it, especially on youTube.

9. mwbonney

mwbonney New Member

Yeah. Sr9 is okay. Got a heavy trigger and isn't my favorite gun. But its not to bad for the 300.00 bucks I paid for it.

10. Cshooter

Cshooter Member

I have shot the SR9, but not the P95. I rented the SR9 at AFS, put about 25 rounds through it. It felt really good in the hands, with minimal recoil. I also rented a glock 17 and shot them side by side. I didnt notice any difference in the trigger between the two. The SR9 was way more comfortable, but I shot the glock more accurately.

11. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

For whatever reason, the compacts seem to have a better trigger than the standard sr9 or sr40. Don't know why but I'm not the only one to notice it. I also like the versatility of the compact. I own the sr40c and i like this pistol the most out of any pistol that I have or had, which is quite a few. Hard to go wrong with ruger.

12. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

I was at my local gun store yesterday and saw the SR9 and 40, held both. Love the look, feels top heavy but maybe that's just me. I ALSO checked out some Smith and Wessons. I believe it was the Sigma? Very nice looking and very nice price tag too.

Edit: is it bad to want them all?

13. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

It's only bad if you don't get them all.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

It felt top heavy because there wasn't any ammo in it.:)

15. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

Makes perfect sense.

So after I get my SA 1911 in a few weeks, I'm going to purchase one of the previous mentioned 9mm's including the possibility of the S&W. Thanks all.

16. sharpshot

sharpshot New Member

I own both of these fine pistols. I carry the SR9C just about every day. I have approx. 500 rounds of many different types and brands of ammo. I never have had a miscue of any kind. It it well worth the money. As for the P95, that was my 1st purchase when I got into firearms. It is also a fine firearm. It is a little husky for concealed carry but can be done with a good OWB holster and a good belt. It shoots straight, has a decent trigger, mine has a de-cocker, it's very reliable, and with a 15+1 capacity all add up to a firearm well worth the price. For home defense, it's hard to beat for the investment.

Be well.

Considering the consequences is never wasted time.

17. priell3

priell3 New Member

I have owned my P95 for 7 months. Shoots any cheap ammo I put through it and it is quite accurate.
    It is my primary carry gun, usually OC weather permitting.

18. Prime83

Prime83 New Member

I had a P95 stainless for about 3 years until it was stolen out of my truck. It was my first handgun purchase I really liked the gun I will be getting another one in the near future

19. scott_gen

scott_gen New Member

Thank you gentlemen. I think they are for sure highest in my hit list of purchases. (something about that SR9 that reaks bad ***.)

20. Guse

Guse New Member

As a gun sales manager, i prefer the SR9 over the p95. The SR series is newer, has modular backstraps, and just performs better. Field stripping is easier as well, all for just under a hundred dollars more. The sigma's are a throw away piece, I wouldn't recommend that one, spring for the M&P if you're going with a smith