Ruger SR40C problems

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by jimmyp7162, Jul 14, 2013.

1. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

So I've posted before how I love my pistol and its flawless; until recently. After probably 200 rounds, I started having light strikes. Gunsmith pulled it apart and noted the striker assembly had tool marks and burring so he gave it a good polishing. Didn't help. So, after reading about other people having the same problem, I pulled the magazine disconnect out. Works flawlessly now. So....still would not hesitate to recommend this series of pistol, just be aware of this possible problem you may have.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I would recommend informing your Smith of the fix. He may be able to take a closer look at things and figure out exactly what is causing the issue and come up with a proper fix.

3. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

Works for me, I didn't care for the magazine disconnect anyway. Seems an awful lot of people with the same problem.

4. deadsp0t

deadsp0t New Member

A P345 I bought new awhile had a 'light strike' issue.. I sold it promptly..

Sounds like it may be time for Ruger to address this issue..

5. B5Dan

B5Dan New Member

The FIRST thing I did upon purchase of my sr40c was to remove the mag disconnect. I've never experienced any issue. It's my favorite carry piece. I even sold some others after I picked it up

6. jimmyp7162

jimmyp7162 New Member

I got ahold of ruger who wouldn't give me any feedback at all, they want me to send it in for their inspection. They will provide shipping labels, etc. although I appreciate their attention, I am going to run it as is.

7. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Have a SR9 and Know some folks with SR40's & SR45's(all full size) with no issues. heard about OP's plus one on a 9C..."As Long as it Goes Bang when you Pull the trigger..." (quote from my Pal, a Ret NYPD Det. 2nd Grade on his Glock)

8. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter New Member

The problem I've been having with my SR40c is when it goes to load the last shell in the magazine it jams.:(

9. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

Thanks for posting. I just picked up a SR40c tonight.

10. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

I actually think there is a recall on some of the striking pins on the sr guns look on rugers website they'll fix it.

11. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

Ruger will fix JUST about Anything that was not caused by "User Neglect"