Ruger SR40 first shoot

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by nate, Jan 11, 2011.

1. nate

nate New Member

Well it was 20degs outside sunday but I couldn't take it anymore. I took the SR40 out for its first good shoot. Ran 150rd of WWB threw it without a single problem. Need to adjust the sights, shoots to the left, but it was putting the whole clip in a 2-3" group at 10 yards. With me behind it thats not bad, been 3 or 4 years since I'v had/shot a handgun of any kind. Overall I'm thrilled with how it performed. Alot better shooter than the last hand gun I had and I didnt think that one was that bad.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

where the blazes are the freekin pics!!!!!!! show us your shooter!!

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

A range report with no pictures.:eek:

4. nate

nate New Member

DSCF0594.jpg DSCF0595.jpg DSCF0596.jpg There ya go.

5. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Nice! I like the looks of the pistol, how is the grip and point of aim?

6. nate

nate New Member

Real nice. Back strap is reversable for an arched feel or flat like I have it right now. Nice three dot sights(other than being off).

7. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

What makes you think they are off.

Where are your targets? :D

8. nate

nate New Member

Cause I had to aim 6-8" off the right side of the target to get it on the target. The targets I shot are on a burn pile under a couple inches of snow now.

9. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

This does not necessarily mean that the sights are off. You may have incorrect placement of your finger on the trigger.

That being said, I have an SR9 and absolutely love it. It was one of three guns that felt anywhere near comfortable in my hands. Nice looking gun.

10. GrumpyPine

GrumpyPine New Member

Got the chance to rent an SR9 a week ago- extremely smooth shooting/feeling. Rented a S&W MP 9mm to compare it to at the same time and liked the Ruger a lot more.

Glad to know OP likes his SR40! I'm a fan of the line.

11. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

I have shot a decent handful of 9mm pistols, and the SR9 is right up there with the $1,500 92FS Steel II in terms of enjoyment. I am just hoping that it proves to be reliable.

12. nate

nate New Member

True but a friend of mine put a couple rounds down the pipe with the same result then we looked at the rear sight and I could by eye it was not centered. I centered it up with a caliper to get it closer all I need now is weather warmer than the 10degs we have right now to try it out. Man I wish there was an indoor range arround here.