Ruger SR22

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by 3spur, Jul 17, 2012.

1. 3spur

3spur New Member

Guys your opinions and experiences with this pistol, good or bad!! Wanted to get one.

2. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I have one and carry it now actually. I haven't had any issues while at the range. It comes with different sized grips depending on the size of your hands and the grip is comfortable.

3. Chubbyhawaiian

Chubbyhawaiian New Member

I have one for range use and for my kids. When I first got it I had a lot of fail to feed problems. Now that I have a few thousand rounds through it, it functions flawlessly.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

if ruger comes out with a threaded barrel version i will be interested.

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

looking at an SR22?. good choice. when i first heard about them i was very excited. so when my LGS said it arrived my wife and i rushed down to buy it. it meets the expectations and above. we fed it CCI to start with about 150 rounds. no malfunctions. after that i started different ammo brands to see what it likes. so far its shot CCI minmag, federal bulk pack, winchester bulk, remignton bulk, fiocchi, and blazer.he only one that gave us problems was blazer. and that box of blazer also gave all my other .22s problems.. think its a bad batch. with all the other different brands there was not one issue. the grip is quickly changeable and quite comfortable. it has pretty good accuracy for a small pistol. all in all we love ours and i recomend it.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/video/wife-shooting-her-sr22-15.html

http://www.firearmstalk.com/video/shooting-ruger-sr22-13.html

Attached Files:

6. redscho

redscho New Member

SR22? The hottest sell 22 semi-auto in a decade. There must be a reason. Ruger did their homework on this one. I love mine, my shooting buddy loves his, the rest of our shooting friends are trying to find one. They just don't stay on the shelf at the gun shops very long.

7. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

From what I heard that is the truth. Very tough to find one. They fly out the door. Very good gun, not too picky with ammo. It is a bit tough to clean though, but that's just MHO.

8. Westy

Westy New Member

Never an issue with mine, and we have a couple thousand rounds through it. Kids love it!

Attached Files:

9. 3spur

3spur New Member

Found SR 22 at my local gun shop, purchased it a couple of days ago. I live in Calley, so I can't pick it up for around 10 days but looking forward to getting it and shooting the heck out of it! Thanks furl the helpful opinions. I'll keep everyone posted on how I like it, and how it shoots

10. jim123

jim123 New Member

Iv had mine for three weeks. Shoots anything I put in in it. Have two other Ruger MK2. Love this one much better.