ruger sr1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by gibson279, Jul 1, 2011.

1. gibson279

gibson279 New Member

so posted another thread about if i should trade my taurus for a 1911 but which ones are good is the ruger 1911 good cause thats the one that i think ill get so as it any good or shouold i go with the springfield gi 45
    thanks

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Track record wise, the Springfield has been around longer.

3. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Your question is very hard to read because you dont use any punctuation at all making all your words run togeather i almost got a headache trying to read it the ruger is new & basicly untryed & unproved but it is a ruger the springer is tryed & proved as is many other 1911 makers the ria is iffy i would stay clear of the charles daly not sure if they even make them anymore just as soon have a 70 series used colt myself

4. DeviousMind

DeviousMind New Member

I purchased a ruger 1911 and I love it. Now this is my first 1911 so I am new to this platform. I can tell you it is very accurate and went boom every time I pulled the trigger. It ate multiple kinds of ammo with no problems and had no issues. Very happy with my purchase.

5. JonM

JonM Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

get a brand spanking new one. they are currently in production and MUCH better than the older ones.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Even better :D