Ruger SR1911

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Mr. Bluesky, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

[​IMG]
    Ruger® SR1911

Series 70 firing system, Novak sights, lowered/flared ejection port, beavertail safety, enhanced hammer, cut-out trigger, and a whole bunch of other goodies for $800. Line's gonna be out the door. (And no external extractor for the true JMB believers out there.)

I'm just glad that Ruger didn't put a bloody mag disconnect or loaded chamber indicator on the thing.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]
    OK, I am in line. If MSRP is $800, look for around $650.

3. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I'm going to be eagerly awaiting news of how it does. I might just to have to start a fund for 1. It'll either be a SA Range Officer or the Ruger SR1911.

4. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Exactly. I'm calling Cabela's tonight.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

after my SR556 experience ill pass. its prolly out of spec like the SR556 and wont work well with aftermarket toys.

6. Alchemist

Alchemist New Member

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I'd like to see what the other side of the gun looks like first. I'm curious to know if the gun will have the "lawyer disclaimer" on the other side.

My opinion of a 1911 is that I want the slide to have as few roll marks or billboards as possible. I will be waiting to see how these turn out. I will be keeping a close eye on them though.

8. JonM

JonM Moderator

dont mean to be a downer on the enthusiasm but the frames are investment cast. forward to 1:34 in the above vid. if its anything like other ruger cheap investment castings i would wait and see on this one.

9. General_lee

General_lee New Member

Looks good but I'm not a fan of cast frames on 1911's. I'll probably eventually have one after they've been out a while and the recalls are over with:rolleyes:

10. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Here you go, no warnings and it has a GI rod, I'm surprised :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ruger SR1911 45 ACP Semi-Auto Pistol

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  11. JonM

JonM Moderator

taken from the gunblast article:

[​IMG]

I KNEW ruger couldnt resist!! they put the lawyer sht under the gun LOL

12. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Oh, I missed that pic. At least its not the length of the slide, :D

13. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Back 40 years ago all the wise gun writers said the 1911 was dead. They claimed the new Wonder 9MM Dbl Action would bury the old 1911. I am glad I did not belive all that crap. I just kept buying and shooting the old outdated 1911s. Now every company is bust'in butt to get a 1911 on the market. Don't youi just love it.:D

14. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Definitely have to check this out.

15. russ

russ New Member

Me likey!

Seriously, I'm going to have to see what they really end up selling for, and then maybe pick one up.

16. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

There were rumblings about this several months ago. I'm glad Ruger stayed with the original design.

The BEST thing about this is that the plunger tube is an integral part of the frame. It cannot come loose. About time someone did it that way.

And they were smart enough to use a forged slide. Far more prone to cracking a 1911 slide than a frame.

17. stalkingbear

Caspian has been offering their frames with integral plunger tubes as an option for years. In fact I'm currently building a 1911 that has this feature. I agree it is an excellent idea.

18. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

the 1911 market is oversaturated!!! When's the Charter Arms 1911 coming out? Kel tec 1911? Hi point 1911? :D

19. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I was wondering if Caspian is making the Ruger frames. Do you know?

20. stalkingbear

I'm pretty sure Ruger is making their own frames in-house with their lost wax investment cast process. At least it would make the most sense for them to since they're already set up to do so.