Firearms Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,978 Posts
Use speed strips instead of speed loaders. I have a Ruger/Fobus paddle holster, a couple of leather holsters and a pocket holster.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Because speed strips are easier to carry in your pocket. ;)
AND they are more reliable. Speed loaders have a tendency to collect lint and debris which can cause them to not function properly (Murphy is alive and well).;)

·
Registered
850 Posts
AND they are more reliable. Speed loaders have a tendency to collect lint and debris which can cause them to not function properly (Murphy is alive and well).;)
Gotta keep em clean, just like yer gun. I have a leather gould & goodrich double speed loader carrier, what i notice is that it sticks out a bit. Are there speed strip holders?

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
Gotta keep em clean, just like yer gun. I have a leather gould & goodrich double speed loader carrier, what i notice is that it sticks out a bit. Are there speed strip holders?
I carried my speed strips in the old dump box ammo carriers while on duty. There is no need for a 'holder' off duty as they carry well in any pocket.;)
I would not carry speed loaders off duty as they would be harder to conceal than the weapon!!!:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts