Ruger Single Six

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by EagleDreamer, Jul 19, 2011.

1. EagleDreamer

EagleDreamer New Member

Anyone own or shot a Ruger Single Six? I have the chance to buy one at a pretty good price, any opinions?

2. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

The most durable single action 22 ever made(my opinion). Very accurate. what's not to like?

3. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  4. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Eagle,

I use to have one back in my younger day! They are a fine revolver. And since you are getting at a steal I would jump on it. Does it have the 22 Magnum Cylinder with it also, as mine and some of them had? I do not know why I sold it can't remember probably needed some money or traded it for something I thought I needed more? Anyway they are great to shoot and have fun with! I would say go for it if you need a nice piece.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The absolute best single action .22 revolver ever made. Of course I have one.

6. EagleDreamer

EagleDreamer New Member

I can get it for $175, and it is in pretty good condition. Only has the 22 lr cylinder not the magnum. I dont really NEED it, but I hate passing up a good deal.

7. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Unless your going to shoot varmints the 22 WMR cylinder won't be needed. Cost too much more than 22 LR for plinking.

8. Wambli

Wambli Member

Excellent guns! Many of them at bargain prices out there because many folks loose the .22 mag cylinder over the years. The problem is that the bore is a compromise because of the .22lr and 22 mag interchangeability. It normally shoots .22 mag really well but depending on your accuracy requirements you might have to spend some time finding the right .22lr ammo it likes because of the slightly over-sized bore and the long jump from chamber to rifling for the .22lr.

$175 if the gun is in great shape is a decent deal as long as you really don't want the .22 mag cylinder because it is not a cheap proposition to get a new one and have it fitted.

9. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'll give the biggest YES BUY IT answer to this question that i've ever given!!!:cool:

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Did you buy it yet? ;)

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

i had one they are good guns. might have kept it if it wasnt a stainless.

12. EagleDreamer

EagleDreamer New Member

Well I went a different direction with my purchase....here is my thread in the revolver section... Right Choice?

13. steve666

steve666 New Member

I like mine a lot. One of my faves.

14. SoupNazi

SoupNazi New Member

I have one - love it. Ex brother-in-law stole my 22lr cylinder. All I have left is the .22 mag cylinder. Anybody know if I can shoot 22lr out of the magnum cylinder? Hate spending all the money on the magnums but have been afraid to try :)

15. raveneap

raveneap New Member

An excellent .22 revolver, built like a tank, and will very likely last as long or longer than you want it. Buy it!

16. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

No,you can't shoot a .22LR out of a .22 magnum because the base of the case is larger around than the .22LR,well,I mean you can do it,but it's not a good idea because you might overstrike onto the cylinder and ruin your gun if you do it enough.

17. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

Why would he steal the lr cylinder? The numbers don't match to any other Ruger Six. The cylinder is matched to the gun and you have to send it to Ruger to get a replacement fitted to the gun. You can damage the gun and cause injury to your self using unmatched cylinders.

18. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

My dad has one and it's an absolute blast to shoot. Since they've gotten cheaper in recent years I've been waiting for one to surface in the configuration I want so I can add one to my collection.

19. vincev

vincev New Member

the price is right if it doesnt have the magnum cylinder.If it did it would be a steal.

20. EagleDreamer

EagleDreamer New Member

Only comes with one cylinder, not sure if its the lr or magnum i didnt see any markings. I assume its lr though.