Ruger service

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by KRAGGY69, Oct 9, 2010.

1. KRAGGY69

KRAGGY69 New Member

just wanted to share my awesome ruger service experience with yall.i have owned my stainless ruger gp 100 since 92 my buddie and i used to go to the range every weekend for 3yrs and shoot 200 rounds at a time all box magnum loads that equals to i would assume thousands of my last trip to the range with old faithful was not pleasant for my benchmate as it seemed to be spraying a little i emailed ruger and asked if it would be under warranty assuming the worst(me paying).so i send it on monday to the factory i get a call thursday saying its done and onits way home and i recieve it friday.i could not believe my eyes i had to check the serial number as i thought they sent me a new gun it was that dramatic of a five days they had put a whole new crane assembly,recoil plate,internal timing components,brand new adj sights front and rear,complete dissasembly, clean,lube,set barrel gap,and polished all surface dings and scratches:eek: wow....all free of charge i dont think ill ever buy anything but ruger ever that is awesome customer service RUGER ROCKS
  2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That is definately one advantage of buying a gun new and when a company backs up their words with actions is outstanding.

3. ElvisIsDead

ElvisIsDead New Member

Ruger is a stand up company. Always have been. That is why they have lasted as long as they have and will be around for decades to come.
  4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

That's good to know. I have a stainless Ruger GP100, too. Mine is very new, only a couple months old or so. I hope to have this gun in the family for generations. I've heard nothing but good things about Ruger customer service.
  5. Shihan

Shihan Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I have never had a bad experience with Ruger CS. They have always been great to deal with.
    One of the best companies to deal with.
  6. Highpower

Highpower New Member

My CS experience has been fair. My experience with their quality control coming out of the factory has been poor. Such is life.
  7. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

I had to order left handed grips for my Mark III because there was no way to shoot it with the right handed ones that were on there. I talked to their customer service in Arizona, there were awesome and the guy even called me to say he'd gotten mine and they shipped the ones I needed out the same day. They have a lifetime warranty, but then Ruger makes one heck of a gun. I have emailed their marketing department several times about them getting me all excited having the LCP in raspberry but that is the only gun it comes in. I think they at least need to make the SR9c in something other than black. But they responded to my emails in less than a day and usually that day.