Ruger p97dc

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by David26, Sep 25, 2010.

1. David26

David26 New Member

Got talked into going to the gun show last week was not ploanning on buying anything but I cant ever seem to leave those things emty handed. Ended up buying a pre owned ruger p97dc for $325. Have not been to the range with it yet but have takin it down to the creek and ran threw a couple of mags and it went boom every time i pulled the triger. I have read mixed reviews on the gun Ruger quit makin them in 2005 but from what I have read is they are built like a tank like every thing else ruger makes but they are not real accurate. Anybody else have one of these? like em hate em had any issues out of them?

2. csaw44

csaw44 New Member

I've had one for a while...very nice handgun with zero problems (except for the spring I lost):):) I've really enjoyed mine, sure you will also.

3. David26

David26 New Member

I seen on gun broker they where selling rebuild kits for that gun for around $40 has everything exept the frame sure it got that spring.
    10-1895 Ruger P97DC 45acp Gun Parts Kit : Parts Kits at GunBroker.com

4. csaw44

csaw44 New Member

I was doing a trigger job on the P97dc when I lost the spring. Called Ruger and they sent me a new one free of charge. Also found the one I lost.Got the trigger pull down to 3.75lbs and it works great.

5. David26

David26 New Member

If u dont mined me askin what kind of triger job did u do to it and where can i find what i need to do it

6. csaw44

csaw44 New Member

Can't recall where but I found (on the interweb) how to do a trigger job on a 1911 and it worked on the P97dc not to mention a P-85 , Mini 14, 10-22 and a SP-101.