Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got me a brand new ruger p95 it is a great gun for the money got yesterday shot it today came with 2 15 rd mags shoots amazing right out of the box would show the paper but I for got to take pics b4 I threw it away
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
That's nice. I'm looking to get a 9mm for my CCW. How is the trigger? Is the slide thicker then a Glock or smaller? I will carry IWB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cvia said:
That's nice. I'm looking to get a 9mm for my CCW. How is the trigger? Is the slide thicker then a Glock or smaller? I will carry IWB.
It is a bit thicker but not much i tried to Carry iwb with holster you see in pic but the holster makes the gun to bulky the holster is both owb and iwb but I open carry with it might have to try it with better holster and the trigger my OP it has is very good trigger pull I love it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,989 Posts
That's nice. I'm looking to get a 9mm for my CCW. How is the trigger? Is the slide thicker then a Glock or smaller? I will carry IWB.
The P series is a little thick for CCW IMO. It's not impossible or anything just uncomfortable, but it shoots great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,141 Posts
Great guns for the money! A shooting buddy has one of the decocker models; his 32ish round magazine is a hoot for plinking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
194 Posts
Ok that sounds great! Been looking for a CCW for IWB something 9mm but just can't make up my mind. Definitly keeping under 700$ but I want them all. Lol!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
urquidez said:
So what ammo for SD does everyone recommend to use for this gun
I shot a mag full of some federal hydrashok through mine today, no problems. And a few of those blue tipped glaser safety slugs just for curiosity. I wanna try some federal guard dogs whenever I can find them in stock someplace haha
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
I have a P95 and I love it. It was my second acquisition, but I see it as been my first real/new handgun. I one problem with it the first time that I shoot with it, but I guess it was because I shoot it new from the box with out cleaning it first. After that it has been problem free shooting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,254 Posts
I also have a p-95. Great shooting gun. I have carried mine concealed many times. I carry in a pancake holster outside the waistband. Never had a problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Love mine but I find it to be kinda large and heavy for iwb. I'm looking at a beretta nano or Kel tech pf11 ( realy want small and light) but will always use it as a Home defense gun.

Here is a pic

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
urquidez said:
Just got me a brand new ruger p95 it is a great gun for the money got yesterday shot it today came with 2 15 rd mags shoots amazing right out of the box would show the paper but I for got to take pics b4 I threw it away
I have that same blackhawk holster and it's def not good for IWB. I also have a belly band that I use with mine & it conceals very well. Thinkin about getting a old faithful kydex holster kit for IWB.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
naf84 said:
I have that same blackhawk holster and it's def not good for IWB. I also have a belly band that I use with mine & it conceals very well. Thinkin about getting a old faithful kydex holster kit for IWB.
We're you get that belly band
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top