Ruger p95

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by urquidez, Jun 21, 2012.

1. urquidez

urquidez New Member

Just got me a brand new ruger p95 it is a great gun for the money got yesterday shot it today came with 2 15 rd mags shoots amazing right out of the box would show the paper but I for got to take pics b4 I threw it away

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  2. cvia

cvia New Member

That's nice. I'm looking to get a 9mm for my CCW. How is the trigger? Is the slide thicker then a Glock or smaller? I will carry IWB.

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

That was my first gun and I stll shoot with it. It's a great gun. I have the stainless steel model.

4. urquidez

urquidez New Member

It is a bit thicker but not much i tried to Carry iwb with holster you see in pic but the holster makes the gun to bulky the holster is both owb and iwb but I open carry with it might have to try it with better holster and the trigger my OP it has is very good trigger pull I love it

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

The P series is a little thick for CCW IMO. It's not impossible or anything just uncomfortable, but it shoots great.

6. urquidez

urquidez New Member

It is a very good gun for the money I paid $320 out the door

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Great guns for the money! A shooting buddy has one of the decocker models; his 32ish round magazine is a hoot for plinking.

8. cvia

cvia New Member

Ok that sounds great! Been looking for a CCW for IWB something 9mm but just can't make up my mind. Definitly keeping under 700$ but I want them all. Lol!

9. naf84

naf84 New Member

Love my P95! Went shooting with my little brother today with it!

Attached Files:

10. urquidez

urquidez New Member

So what ammo for SD does everyone recommend to use for this gun

11. naf84

naf84 New Member

I shot a mag full of some federal hydrashok through mine today, no problems. And a few of those blue tipped glaser safety slugs just for curiosity. I wanna try some federal guard dogs whenever I can find them in stock someplace haha

12. josan89

josan89 New Member

I have a P95 and I love it. It was my second acquisition, but I see it as been my first real/new handgun. I one problem with it the first time that I shoot with it, but I guess it was because I shoot it new from the box with out cleaning it first. After that it has been problem free shooting.

13. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I forgot to post pics of my P95!!

image-1237914106.jpg

image-1480209197.jpg

14. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I also have a p-95. Great shooting gun. I have carried mine concealed many times. I carry in a pancake holster outside the waistband. Never had a problem.

15. one_crazy_dude

one_crazy_dude New Member

Love mine but I find it to be kinda large and heavy for iwb. I'm looking at a beretta nano or Kel tech pf11 ( realy want small and light) but will always use it as a Home defense gun.

Here is a pic

[​IMG]

16. urquidez

urquidez New Member

For home defense I use this, my S&W 686+.357 mag

Attached Files:

17. urquidez

urquidez New Member

Bought hogue hand all grip for my p95 today

Attached Files:

18. G23LCPK45

G23LCPK45 New Member

P95 is a good value. Hogue grips put it nicely the hand. Enjoy!

19. naf84

naf84 New Member

I have that same blackhawk holster and it's def not good for IWB. I also have a belly band that I use with mine & it conceals very well. Thinkin about getting a old faithful kydex holster kit for IWB.

Attached Files:

20. urquidez

urquidez New Member

We're you get that belly band