Ruger p95 awesome $ affordable!

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by mountainskytop, Dec 1, 2012.

1. mountainskytop

mountainskytop New Member

What's not to like about this awesome, rugged, and dependable full size handgun? Over 1,000 rounds and not a single malfunction of any kind! It won't break your bank either!!

2. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

That was my first handgun and still love shooting it. I haven't had any problems with it!!!:)

3. mountainskytop

Ya just gotta luv the folks who recommend firearms costing huge bucks like we are all rolling in dough! Lets get real! There are PLENTY of guns out there that won't break the bank but the over BS hype has to be ignored and explore the cost: quality issue VERY closely!

4. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Most folks who've shot the P95 have good things to say about it. It's a proven platform that's both affordable and easy to shoot.

You'll find many for whom the P95 was there entry level pistol and it will always hold a special place in there collection regardless of the more expensive toys they later acquire.

Tack

5. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Congrats on the purchase OP. I just bought a M&P VTAC 9mm today. It cost a bit more than a Ruger but the feeling of getting a firearm and enjoying it....no price tag on that.

6. TX45

TX45 New Member

My SR9 & SR9c never give me problems. I love them so much and I will get the P95 as well.

7. TMLAROCK

TMLAROCK New Member

The p95 was my first gun and I really love it. I gotten a m&p 9c but I still shoot the hell out of my p95

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a p95. Great gun. I would say that even if it cost more. Hmm, I need to get it out to the range. I think it is feeling neglected. I have too many guns.

9. mountainskytop

image-3757207410.jpg

My Bersa Thunder 9 UltraCompact Pro in 9mm and my CCW is in top and my Ruger P95 in 9mm below. Both AWESOME firearms with flawless functioning with about 1,000 rounds through each so far!

10. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The P95 was not my first pistol. I have had a bunch of revolvers that I really like. The P95 was the first semi-auto I have ever owned I would count on for self defense. All the other semi auto's I have owned were jamomatics or belly busters.

11. Jackal70

Jackal70 New Member

I got the P94 DC 9mm an I love shooting this gun. Very easy to shoot

12. JAnderson

JAnderson New Member

While it wasnt my first handgun it has been one of my favorite. Great gun, great price. Live my P95

13. GSpears471

GSpears471 New Member

I have a p-95 that i bought about 5 or 6 years ago. Just test your ammo ,bullet type, sometimes that makes all the difference in feeding the ammo. I really like it, but have to keep it clean as it is a semiauto. I have to clean my every 500 to 600 rounds. I like the overall styling of the gun.
    I also have a p-90 in 45 acp. same thing keep it clean.

14. jumusiq

jumusiq New Member

Sold my P95 ... Now I miss her

15. GSpears471

GSpears471 New Member

My P95 was my 2nd semiauto i like it very well. My 1 st semi auto was a p90 the p90 can be a little persnickety with semiwadcutters but as long as you keep it clean it seems to function well ( oops sorry didn't realize that i d already commented on this.)

16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Since I made my earlier post I have acquired an XD comp. The XD is a good shooting gun amd my IDPA scores have went up. But the P95 is a much more useful gun. The XD comp has a 5" barrel. It would make a good truck gun or night stand gun. But it is virtually impossible to conceal for any length of time. To be frank if I was in a situation where I felt like I needed the XD I would prefer my Blackhawk. In terms of accuracy the Blackhawk or my Super Blackhawk makes the XD comp look like a peashooter. It is marginally more accurate than the P95 and is very top heavy. I can see why someone was so quick to trade a $530 gun for a $400 Glock 24.