ruger p89

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ROADBLOCK, Oct 1, 2010.

1. ROADBLOCK

ROADBLOCK New Member

i have a ruger p89 and enjoy to take it to the range, i was wondering what other peoples opinion of it is

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Use the search function and use the "P89".

By the way, welcome to the FTF

3. justdon

justdon New Member

I have one. Love it.Built like a tank and fires anything i feed it. Its one of the guns that i own that i will never get rid of. No problems with it at all.[​IMG]

4. orangello

orangello New Member

A buddy of mine has one and really likes it. I like it, but i don't just love the feel of the plastics on the frame. He does have a 30 round magazine that is quite fun at the range/dirt pit.

5. indian25

indian25 New Member

ThaT'S a nice is it yours? I hate what ruger do but this one look nice!:p

6. indian25

indian25 New Member

ruger

you know ruger make gun built like a tank its true but the mecanism of it suck ! When i make the disassembly i realize its too complicated for nothing>!

7. justdon

justdon New Member

I love my p89 i don't have problems with assembly or reassembly. Everybody won't like everything.But i love mine.

8. Ralphhster

Ralphhster New Member

I own the predecessor ( P85) to the P89. I also own the P89 because when I found out that Ruger was no longer making the P89 , I RAN to the store to buy one. I like my P85 so well and have owned it for sooooo many years that should it ever break , I figure I now have a viable replacement ! I have never fired the P89 because I want it to last forever ! The two guns have very minor differences and I think so much of the P85 that until that dreaded day when it finally does break, the new P89 will have a place of honor in my gun safe with the anticipation of having access to such a wonderful firearm for the remainder of my lifetime !
    ...Do I like the P85-------undubitably ! Bill Ruger knew how to make a firearm--not so sure about his replacement crew !
    ...Don't worry about other peoples opinion of your Ruger. I own one of most every handgun ever made and I believe that I have related to you my feelings towards the Ruger P85 (P89)........Enjoy yours !

9. ROADBLOCK

ROADBLOCK New Member

i do love mine i just picked up a sig p220 its fun to shoot but the ruger takes the cake in my opinion

10. russ

russ New Member

I have a P94 that was the first gun I ever bought for myself. It has been a faithful companion for over 12 years without ever, and I do mean ever, giving me a problem. It has countless thousands of rounds down the pipe and is a reliable today as it was the day it was made.

And Ralphhster, you may be waiting a very long time indeed to fire that "new" P89.

justdon, you've already done the only P-series mod needed, a set of Hogue grips. They totally transformed my P94 compared to the factory plastic panel grips.

I'm a bit of a Ruger fan in case it's not obvious.

11. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I've had mine for over 15 years and I couldn't guess how many rounds through it. It is a dependable shooter that I can trust to hit where I aim it.
    It isn't a race gun, though, but it wasn't designed for that anyway. I'll keep
    mine. I do have a crush on the xdm springfield, though, I tried one on at a gun show this weekend and it fit really well.

12. ElvisIsDead

ElvisIsDead New Member

I was never a fan of Ruger's autos myself. Ruger is probably the best revolver and their rifles are top of the line but their auto pistols seem to be the black sheep of the family.