Ruger p345

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by edwardcrz, Apr 14, 2012.

1. edwardcrz

edwardcrz New Member

What do you guys think about this handgun?

2. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

I love mine
    Very accurate, dependable and good looking.

3. edwardcrz

edwardcrz New Member

I'm on the 10 day wait on mine. I'm anxious to get it.

4. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

I think you'll like it
    Mine will eat anything it seems.

5. edwardcrz

edwardcrz New Member

How does it perform with tulammo?

6. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

I've never tried Tulammo, but it went through a hundred rounds of my dad's old reloads with molded lead bullets with no issues.

7. Wcorker4

Wcorker4 New Member

I have just this gun and the tulammo. Im feeding anything I can find through this gun. When I shoot them I'll let you know.

8. edwardcrz

edwardcrz New Member

Sounds good thanks

9. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

my friend has one. its accurate enough. not a tack driver. only problem we had was with lawman ammo. would stop the slide open and not feed the next round. again this was only with lawman. every other brand we tried was fine. the pistol itself is a bit bulky. and personally i would rather have a 1911 for the same size. but its not a bad choice by any means

10. Wcorker4

Wcorker4 New Member

Well I finally used a box of the tulammo and had no problems at all. I would say do it with the p345.

11. SON-OF-A-GUN

SON-OF-A-GUN New Member

My P345 will eat crappy reloaded bulk ammo all the way to Magsafe 96gr. +P Defender (Frag.) Ammo. It's a bit bulky but it's not for CC. It is a safe gun with the safety playing 2 roles: safety/decocker It's a Ruger!

12. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

I've had a P345 since '05, and am OK with it. It shoots straight enough for any reasonable SD situation, is sturdy, as is the norm for Rugers, and the SA/DA action is excellent for staving off the lawyers who'd like to turn a failed murder prosecution into a manslaughter case on the claim that you had it cocked and unlocked and accidentally touched it off due to a hair trigger. I consider it to be a good piece for a uniformed security officer, and for a police officer who has a choice of what to carry. The only drawback for me is that living in a warm climate, there are many occasions when I have to carry something with a shorter grip due to printing under a T-shirt.