Firearms Talk banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
My story is less happy and more unique than most. I was an Army officer about a decade ago in OIF, and knew an Iraqi officer and commander I had met and worked with a few times. He carried a Ruger P series 9mm on a drop down holster. We talked briefly about the gun; he loved it and the fact it was an American Ruger was thrilling to him. He was blown up along with others in a suicide bombing attack that I was told was meant for several officers, including myself. The bomber was there on the wrong day and missed me by hours. I was under the impression I was one of the intended targets. Had that happened, that conversation would have been among my last.

I have owned three P series, all at absurdly low prices second-hand. I traded one off very favorably. I still have two. Bigger and heavier than peers, and ugly as sin, they have a well deserved reputation for rugged reliability.

I have far better guns, but these Rugers in some weird way connect me with my past.

·
Banned
5,552 Posts
Ive had both the p95 , sr9c sr9 sr40c.
The p seies is a tank . Shoots forever very reliable.
That said I wouldnt trade 1 sr series pistol for 5 p series.

Also have the 45 acp American full size.
Like all other rugers ive ever owned , 100 percent reliable, good shooter.
American doesnt have quite as good a trigger as the SR series though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Old topic but still this century so here goes.

I've had a P90DC for a couple of years now. Shot 100rnds thru it last week, ran great even though it feels like I'm holding a box of loose parts in my hand. Guess it's just well worn in but not worn out. Only thing I've had to replace was the mag release spring, Ruger had them in stock when I called a few months back. Was a PITA to install though.

With original grips:
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

With new Uncle Mike's rubber grips:

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Everyday carry

·
Premium Member
G42 G43x P95DC CZ82 Mak CZ70 AR etc.
5,406 Posts
Old topic but still this century so here goes.

I've had a P90DC for a couple of years now. Shot 100rnds thru it last week, ran great even though it feels like I'm holding a box of loose parts in my hand. Guess it's just well worn in but not worn out. Only thing I've had to replace was the mag release spring, Ruger had them in stock when I called a few months back. Was a PITA to install though.

With original grips:
View attachment 249104

With new Uncle Mike's rubber grips:

View attachment 249105
Looks like my 2ea P95DC pistols. Most accurate 9mm pistols I own. Just too big for my every day carry.
Doesn't conceal well on me. But we love them on the range. They eat any thing and beg for more. :)

41 - 47 of 47 Posts