Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Ugly guns and they do not appreciate in value well but they will run forever and are nearly indestructible so if you find one at a good price and you just need a shooter they are a very good value. BUT, know if you do need a part for them, nearly impossible to find. I was rebuilding a P90 for a friend and spent hours on the internet looking for a part for it to no avail.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think that they are very ugly but they run well. I like them more that the SR9/40/45.
That's pretty much what I hear about them. The thing I don't like the most aboyt the SR series is all the lawyer features. Manual safety, obtrusive loaded chamber indicator, and worst of all the warning and read the manual banner.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are definitely built like a tank .. I would choose the S&W's probably mainly because I like the looks of them better
The S&Ws definitely look better. The P series kinda have that situation for me where it's so ugly that it goes in a circle and looks good to me. Kinda like a pug or H&R revolvers.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ugly guns and they do not appreciate in value well but they will run forever and are nearly indestructible so if you find one at a good price and you just need a shooter they are a very good value. BUT, know if you do need a part for them, nearly impossible to find. I was rebuilding a P90 for a friend and spent hours on the internet looking for a part for it to no avail.
Yeah, I just want it as a cheap shooter to shoot cheap ammo. I think they're kinda like FEGs are for me too. Parts are hard to find but the guns are cheap enough to just get another and use the broken one as a parts gun.

·
Premium Member
G42 G43x P95DC CZ82 Mak CZ70 AR etc.
5,332 Posts
Yeah, I just want it as a cheap shooter to shoot cheap ammo. I think they're kinda like FEGs are for me too. Parts are hard to find but the guns are cheap enough to just get another and use the broken one as a parts gun.
We have 2 of the P95DC pistols. Consecutive serial numbers even. Stainless over polymer lower.

They are full size and a bit heavy. But, we use 15 round SS mags. These two in 9mm are as accurate as any pistol I have found. Nothing seems to wear out with them for us.

Wife and I both enjoy them at lot. IN FACT, my P95 is the one I always shoot when I need to re-qualify on the range for my Conceal Carry Permit.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have 2 of the P95DC pistols. Consecutive serial numbers even. Stainless over polymer lower.

They are full size and a bit heavy. But, we use 15 round SS mags. These two in 9mm are as accurate as any pistol I have found. Nothing seems to wear out with them for us.

Wife and I both enjoy them at lot. IN FACT, my P95 is the one I always shoot when I need to re-qualify on the range for my Conceal Carry Permit.
Nice. A P95 is exactly what I had in mind to try out since it's one of the most improved upon P series guns.
I don't mind them being bulky and heavy because I want it to be tough.

·
Premium Member
G42 G43x P95DC CZ82 Mak CZ70 AR etc.
5,332 Posts
Nice. A P95 is exactly what I had in mind to try out since it's one of the most improved upon P series guns.
I don't mind them being bulky and heavy because I want it to be tough.
Amazing how many that have a P95 like them. I carry mine concealed in the winter in a Galco leather holster. I have a ton of confidence in it. Neither have ever failed to feed, fire, extract, or go bang when the trigger is pulled.

I bought both of ours at a local gun show in 1995. I cannot remember the price of each.
But, that dealer had a ton of them stacked up to sell. They put up a hand written sign that said for a 30 minute period he would sell two for $500. I jumped on that immediately. Good buy at the time.

Two were pulled out in their cases and paper work was just about done. The owner came back to the booth and looked over his employee's shoulder at the paper work. Then he said they couldn't do it as both were consecutive numbers. Well, seems back then Ruger
was not supposed to ship any consecutive numbers to a dealer.

Told the guy as I slid the last form back to them signed, that if he didn't let me have them I would start yelling what a crook he was all around that building with a good 1000 plus folks looking at guns. He shut up and I took them home with me!

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Amazing how many that have a P95 like them. I carry mine concealed in the winter in a Galco leather holster. I have a ton of confidence in it. Neither have ever failed to feed, fire, extract, or go bang when the trigger is pulled.

I bought both of ours at a local gun show in 1995. I cannot remember the price of each.
But, that dealer had a ton of them stacked up to sell. They put up a hand written sign that said for a 30 minute period he would sell two for $500. I jumped on that immediately. Good buy at the time.

Two were pulled out in their cases and paper work was just about done. The owner came back to the booth and looked over his employee's shoulder at the paper work. Then he said they couldn't do it as both were consecutive numbers. Well, seems back then Ruger
was not supposed to ship any consecutive numbers to a dealer.

Told the guy as I slid the last form back to them signed, that if he didn't let me have them I would start yelling what a crook he was all around that building with a good 1000 plus folks looking at guns. He shut up and I took them home with me!
That's good to hear. I think I'll definitely be picking one up.
Sounds like you know how to get things done.

·
Supporting Member
13,281 Posts
They are a fine pistol as IMO all Ruger Products are good and certainly clear up to the new Ruger Precision Rifle which I would like to have one. But regarding the P Series if you like a 2 Lb. (32 oz.) Pistol plus the weight of the ammunition it is fine. My only negative opinion of it.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They are a fine pistol as IMO all Ruger Products are good and certainly clear up to the new Ruger Precision Rifle which I would like to have one. But regarding the P Series if you like a 2 Lb. (32 oz.) Pistol plus the weight of the ammunition it is fine. My only negative opinion of it.

The weight isn't a problem for me. It's mostly just a range gun but may be kept loaded at home if it proves reliable.
I agree about Ruger products. I've always had great luck with them.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
The thing I don't like the most aboyt the SR series is all the lawyer features. Manual safety, obtrusive loaded chamber indicator, and worst of all the warning and read the manual banner.
Then you would have loved the P95 DAO i had, no safety of any sort, no decocker, just rack the slide & go. The gun shot great, was super reliable, & was very accurate.

·
Premium Member
11,602 Posts
Sounds like a good piece. I don't mind double action at all, actually prefer it.
So, did you find and procure one yet, or are you still looking?

I have shot a few owned by friends over the years, a couple P85s, several P90s, and a couple P95s, but never picked one up myself, as most of the people I know with one don't want to part with it. Solved that problem, by sheer luck, yesterday. Had a guy walk in with one he was looking to sell at one of the shops I frequent, who wasn't happy with the offer the owner gave him. As he was about to pack it back up, and leave, i asked to take a look at it.

That led to me buying a box of FMJ, and paying for a half hour range fee, to try before it out I decided. It ran perfectly, so I shot him an offer between what he was asking, and what was offered, accounting for the $20 transfer fee I would have on my end.

He took the offer. My new to me, P95DC

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

1 - 20 of 47 Posts