Ruger only loads in 45 colt.

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by PaBushMan, Apr 25, 2020.

1. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Does the blackhawk 45 colt qualify to handle them? I been waiting for my LGS to get a used one in. But it never shows up. So i priced new, And they are not so bad.

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

In all 3 screw Rugers and the New Model Rugers in the full sized frame, yes.

The New Model Vaqueros and the New Model Flattop 45's are built on a mid size frame, and not safe for Ruger only loads.

if the adjustable sight has a "raised" area around it, it is a full size frame.

The rear sights is "unprotected" by the top strap on a new flattop.

3. Gatoragn

bluez likes this.
  4. Gatoragn

This is a new flat top Ruger new model 45.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/866442596

See the difference on the top strap.

The new flat top is closer in size to the Colt SAA than Rugers full frame Blackhawks.

bluez and PaBushMan like this.
  5. PaBushMan

PaBushMan Well-Known Member

Yes i can see the difference. Thanks.

6. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

I bought some "Bear" loads 20 round box for carbine. 340 grain hard cast flat point at something like 1400 fps...safe in old Vaquero and so forth.......but not to danged safe fer your hands. Bruised trigger finger and two next fingers and heel and palm of hand, and palm and heel of left hand I was using for more control. Fired one round. If it had been at a Griz and I missed or just made him mad I would have been dinner, as there was o possibility of a follow up shot. Maybe linebacker in the NFL might have but...I dunno. Miked the cylinders and checked everything else and all was fine.

7. Gatoragn

I have some HSM Bear loads, they will rattle your teeth.