Ruger NM Single Six

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by sinzitu, Feb 24, 2009.

1. sinzitu

sinzitu New Member

After some research I decided to pick up a .22 revolver.

I decided on a used Ruger Super Single Six Convertible (.22lr/.22Mag), blue, wood grips, w/ 6.5" barrel. It has adjustable sights. From the S/N it looks like it was shipped originally in 2002-3. It's in excellent condition.

With our normal wait time I'll be picking it up next week. I'll post some pics once I have it in hand.

Looking forward to some range time with it. I know it will get a lot of use and hopefully be a useful tool in teaching my kids once they are a little older.

-Sin

2. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

3. sinzitu

sinzitu New Member

Nice write up Gator. You expressed all of the reasons I decided on this revolver.

Counting down the days to I pick her up...

4. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Congrats on your excellent choice! I'm always trying to steer people that way of an used Ruger is MUCH better choice than a new Heritage Rough Rider, and for the same money too. Your Ruger will last you a lifetime, and even your kids' lives.

5. raveneap

raveneap New Member

Congratulations on your choice. The Ruger single six is an excellent, well made, tough gun. It will serve you and your kids well.

6. John Fox

John Fox New Member

I have one in stainless that I bought in '76 and still love it.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 New Member

???

You got to wait to pick it up...?! What country you live in...?

( BTW...Rugers are nice firearms, good luck with it. )

Here's my only Ruger...a Bisley Vaquero in .357magnum

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have one as well. Very well made revolver. Good choice. Where are you that you have to wait for delivery on a .22 revolver, Kali?

9. BILLYBOB44

BILLYBOB44 New Member

Super Single Six.

Congrats on your purchase, you'll love it once you fire a couple of cyls. Needless to say be sure to wear ear protection, esp with the Mag. cyl/loads:p I received my Dad's when he passed away about 10yr.ago. It is also a blued,61/2" model. For me the factory grips were too small-put a set of Packmyer on and been happy with it.:D You must live in a gun-free area=NYC,Detroit,Boston,LA,DC,Chicago, or what? For that kind of waiting period??

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  10. sinzitu

sinzitu New Member

Thanks for all the congrats.

I'm in Maryland and we have a 7 day wait for any registered weapon. :(

11. sinzitu

sinzitu New Member

Finally some pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]