Ruger new model blackhawk

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by t_humm, Nov 17, 2013.

1. t_humm

t_humm New Member

Anybody have any experience with one? Always liked single action revolvers and like the idea I don't need a new cartridge, I have and m1 carbine, and think 30 carbine would be an interesting round for a pistol.

http://www.ruger.com/mobile/products/0505.html

2. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I have a couple in .357. The .30 Carbine model would be awesome to add to the safe.

3. t_humm

t_humm New Member

I've never heard anything negative about them, anything you've run into?

4. txpossum

txpossum New Member

Nothing wrong with a Ruger Blackhawk. I've never had one in the .30 carbine caliber, but a friend of mine has one and he likes. it. I think the .30 carbine is more suited to a pistol caliber than a rifle, frankly.

5. LeMat

LeMat New Member

Built like a tank and your great, great grandchildren will be shooting it.

Blackhawks in 30 carbine are fun, but LOUD! I used to shoot steel with one. I loved it!

6. CrunchyFrog

CrunchyFrog Member

If you get a single action revolver you might decide to try cowboy action shooting (I'd recommend it). A drawback to the .30 Carbine chambering is that it doesn't meet the SASS minimum of .32 caliber.

A .357 is the cheapest to shoot. The larger calibers have their own charm. I am particularly partial to the "Flattop" Blackhawk in .44 Special.

7. t_humm

t_humm New Member

Thanks guys good to hear you like them.

I never thought about competition shooting, something to consider. Thanks!

As far as ammo prices .357 and .30 carbine are about the same in my area.

8. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I have one in .357... It's one of my favorites...

[​IMG]

9. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I had a .30 Carbine built on a Ruger BH .45 frame. It has Micro Target sights and all parts are hand fitted. It is deadly accurate to 100 yards with cast bullets.:)

10. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I know its not a revolver, but here is my .30 carbine !..............

Attached Files:

11. t_humm

t_humm New Member

Nice! How is it?

12. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I really like the Blackhawks. One using the 30 carbine rounds would be awesome.

13. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

I like it !..................

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

The downside of of a pistol chambered a rifle caliber is factory ammo is loaded with slow burning powder. Unless you are a reloader I would look at a pistol caliber. Even with the ammo shortage, I have been finding JSP 357 ammo for $18 to $25 for 50 rounds.

15. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

have had a Blackhawk in .357 mag since the late 80s I love it. I know nothing about .30 carbine but the Blackhawk platform is a great shooter.

16. toddchaney

toddchaney New Member

Any Ruger Black Hawk is a fine weapon in my opinion. I've owned several blackhawks and bearcats. love them!

17. MoHawk

MoHawk New Member

I need another revolver. And a Single Action might be just the ticket.

18. 44_Special

44_Special New Member

I own 4 of them....44 Special, 41 Mag, .357 Mag, and a SBH 44 Mag...they have all been flawless and are built to last. I use the .44's for silhouette and they are pretty effective.

19. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

44 and 22 convertible...my favorites

Attached Files:

20. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

Ruger Blackhawks and Super Blackhawks are GREAT! I don't have a .30 Carbine, but I have Blackhawks in .41 Mag, and .45 Colt. My .44 Mag Super Blackhawks are strong, accurate, and easy to shoot, because the recoil is converted to a circular motion - the muzzle rises and becomes a gentle upward rotation at the wrist and the elbow. I carry one or another of them, or one of my .45 Colt Ruger Vaquero's when I go camping and hiking in the boonies, and use them for deer and hog hunting.