Firearms Talk banner

Ruger New Blackhawk 357/9mm convertible

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ineverFTF 
#1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I am picking up a Ruger New Blackhawk 357/9mm convertible revolver on Friday and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with any of the Ruger Blackhawks and can share your experience. Thank you for your help, Ed

#2 ·
The Blackhawk is one of the strongest guns ever made. They are
usually accurate as well. I haven't had as much luck in the
accuracy department with the 9mm cylinder. I think because
the barrel is .357/.358 diameter and the 9mm is .355/.356
diameter.

.357/9mm Ruger Blackhawk

#3 ·
The Blackhawk is one of the strongest guns ever made. They are
usually accurate as well. I haven't had as much luck in the
accuracy department with the 9mm cylinder. I think because
the barrel is .357/.358 diameter and the 9mm is .355/.356
diameter.
I dont seem to have that problem with my Medusa and I dont even have to change cylinders....

#5 ·
I have one and love it. I purchased it because my daughter has a 9 mm and thought we could use the same ammo when we would shoot together. Used the 9 mm cylinder once and did not like the way it shot. But shoots .357 just fine. Now all you have to do is buy some fancy grips and enjoy! ;)

#9 ·
I have many Ruger Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks, and a couple of Super Redhawks. I have never had a single issue with any of them. Back in 1991 I bought a .45 ACP / .45 Long Colt Convertible Blackhawk. With the .45 ACP cylinder it shoots tighter groups at 25 yards than my Colt Gold Cup does.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.