Ruger New Blackhawk 357/9mm convertible

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by eborden1122, Jul 11, 2012.

1. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Hello Everyone,
    I am picking up a Ruger New Blackhawk 357/9mm convertible revolver on Friday and wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with any of the Ruger Blackhawks and can share your experience. Thank you for your help, Ed

2. trex1310

trex1310 New Member

The Blackhawk is one of the strongest guns ever made. They are
    usually accurate as well. I haven't had as much luck in the
    accuracy department with the 9mm cylinder. I think because
    the barrel is .357/.358 diameter and the 9mm is .355/.356
    diameter.

.357/9mm Ruger Blackhawk

[​IMG]

3. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I dont seem to have that problem with my Medusa and I dont even have to change cylinders....

4. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

Ruger revolvers are so strong that there are heavy loads listed for their use only. With my old model I could shoot 4" groups at 75 yards(from a bench).

5. tomingreeneco

tomingreeneco New Member

I have one and love it. I purchased it because my daughter has a 9 mm and thought we could use the same ammo when we would shoot together. Used the 9 mm cylinder once and did not like the way it shot. But shoots .357 just fine. Now all you have to do is buy some fancy grips and enjoy! ;)

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Owned many BH's & SBH's over the years - NEVER a problem with any :cool:

7. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

The .45 Ruger Combo revolvers work very well. The .45 Colt and .45 ACP both being .452 bullets works well. It seems all other Combo guns vary too much in the throat and forcing cones and bores.:)

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Thats one i've never owned but always wanted- Just never came across one at the right time-

9. billt

billt New Member

I have many Ruger Blackhawks, Super Blackhawks, and a couple of Super Redhawks. I have never had a single issue with any of them. Back in 1991 I bought a .45 ACP / .45 Long Colt Convertible Blackhawk. With the .45 ACP cylinder it shoots tighter groups at 25 yards than my Colt Gold Cup does.

10. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

My granpa had one for years in 45lc and took probly 20+ deer with it. Cant go wrong with a ruger

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Got a gud friend that has a SBH with a 10" barrel his dad gave him. Was shooting with him awhile back he was hitting things with it I cud barely see :eek:

12. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Nice^^ my grandpa now has a super redhawk with a 7.5 barrel cloverleafing at 100 yards
    My paterns are still 2-3 in at 50