RUGER Mark ii

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by cmorrow781, Mar 22, 2013.

1. cmorrow781

cmorrow781 New Member

Recently acquired a ruger mark ii. Anybody own one of these have advice on what ammo is super reliable. I know theres a shortage but I want to be on the lookout for the best 22lr for this gun when the ammo is hopefully more available.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  2. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Shouldnt this be in the semi auto forum?

3. Colby

Colby New Member

Or Ruger forum...
    (It is an excellent gun, by the way..)

4. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I have a Mk I, and have never had any problems with any ammo, even the sometimes more difficult Blazers.

5. Firenailer

Firenailer New Member

I think this might be misplaced, but ammo isn't an issue with the MarkII. Mine functions perfectly with any LR .22 I load into it.

Great find, it's a terrific gun! I've been shooting mine for 28 years without any issues. It's the only gun I own that I wouldn't sell at any price.

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You are so lucky to have a Mark II. I have one and she eats anything I put through it. I usually use Federal Bulk in the red box. Have great fun shooting that .22. I know you will, there's no way not to. :D

7. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Great gun shoots anything only ammo ive had problems with is aguila and thats the crappy ammos fault not the guns

8. cmorrow781

cmorrow781 New Member

Thank you for the input.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  9. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I've got a Mark 2 also and it shoots any ammo I put through it.

10. Minorcan

Minorcan Member

My Mark I and IIs eat everything but I like the CCI ammo it runs cleaner than some of the others.

11. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Zombies everywhere lol

12. cmorrow781

cmorrow781 New Member

This Post is Misplaced.

I think this post is misplaced. I think it should be somewhere else. But I am taking time to post this message because I am an *******. And I can't help it. I go around posting on threads making sure all mistakes are pointed out. I have joined an underground movement of like minded thread police. We are legion. We cannot be stopped. :pistol:

13. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  14. Mouser

Mouser Member

My Mark II runs flawlessly so long as I clean it thoroughly...if you are having trouble, break it down and clean everything very good...clean it again and you should be good to go.

15. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Regret to say, every 22 is unique and what runs well in mine might not group well in yours. Mine seems to run w just about everything to include bulk ammo.

Get as wide a variety of ammo as possible to include the high priced Tgt stuff. Warm the gun up w cheap stuff and then conduct some accuracy test. Pray hard it doesn't like the expensive stuff best.:pot stirrer:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  16. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Lol i cant help it people keep reanimating long dead threads.

17. tinbucket

tinbucket Well-Known Member

18. SGWGunsmith

SGWGunsmith Member Supporter

Just like the Ruger Mark II pistols.............A GOOD thing! :D

[​IMG]

19. trigger643

trigger643 New Member

Congrats on your acquisition cmorrow. As others have already posted, the Ruger Mk series of handguns will digest just about anything. I've found this to be true with all of the three series of Mark pistols and I've owned a number of them over the years and still have several. Their price point, reliability and ease of maintenance continue to be big selling points for me.