Ruger mark ii help!

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by marlinm60ss123, Feb 24, 2011.

1. marlinm60ss123

marlinm60ss123 New Member

i have a ruger mark ii with a bull barrel. the serial number says its from 1985 if thats important. i recently took the firearm apart for cleaning and maintnance and when i put it back together the pistol would not fire. the bolt with cycle back but when i pull the trigger it will not go off. i recently discovered that if i tilt the barrel pointing straight up when i pull back the bolt, i am able to engage the firing pin and the gun will dryfire. im wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they are willing to help because i do not want to pay 65 dollars for ruger to fix it.

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Take it apart and reassemble according to directions. You probably did not hold your tongue right while putting it back together.:D

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

this is for the 22/45 but the exact same procedure applies to yours.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPN87hRgbE]YouTube - Ruger MK III Disassembly / Assembly[/ame]

4. gadrooning

gadrooning New Member

ruger marks are a little tricky when putting back together. Follow the steps on this website exactly!!!! 2245 Maintenance Page

5. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Those things can get a little funky. But you get it right once it gets a lot easier then. The vid or that manual link can show you all you need.