Ruger LCR

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by marc29th, Jul 28, 2012.

1. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Was at my local gun shop, just browsing when I saw this "used" Ruger LCR in .38spl+p and night sights. This was the 2nd used gun I picked up that was almost mint. Took it to the range and put 50 rounds thought it and it is a sweet little revolver.

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Here's the picture!

ForumRunner_20120728_141358.jpg

3. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Congrats, nice looking revolver.

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Lucky you. I would like to own one of those someday. Very nice revolver.

5. marc29th

marc29th New Member

The guy at the shop didn't think it had been shot since it was test fired at Ruger (still have the case from 2010 in the box with it). I figure they must have added the night sight and put it in the night stand.

Anyone have any recommendations on holsters for it?

6. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Thanks guys, I figured my handgun collection was getting a bit pistol heavy and needed a revolver to keep an even keel.

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

DeSantis Super Fly for pocket carry.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

There is only one holster that works perfectly with the Elsie Ahrrrrr.......the Remora Holster.

Don't get me wrong, I love my S&W wheel guns (M19 and M29) but for carry you just can't beat the Ruger LCR.

It is a natural pointer and by far the best point shooting handgun I own. (And you don't need the 357 mag.)

Shoot 38 spl target loads for practice and use these for PD carry;

Buffalo Bore Heavy .38 Special +P Ammo - 158 gr. L.S.W.C.H.P. --G.C. (1,000fps/M.E. 351 ft.lbs.)

Buffalo Bore - .38 Special +P

Once you start carrying with the Remora Holster you will forget about leather! And where else in our expensive hobby can you get a bargain like a $25 holster? (That works!)

[​IMG]

Call Jacqui 239-207-0602 and tell her canebrake said hi.

I'm a big Remora fan.

[​IMG]

The Ruger is appendix carried and the 1911's are kidney carried. The x2 mag pouch holds my xtra mag and my EDC knife.

All are No-Clip, Non-Slip Concealment Holsters, put 'em where you want.

It's the kindest thing I do to my guns. [​IMG]

9. kalboy26

kalboy26 New Member

I took canebreaks advice with the remora holster for the lcr and have really enjoyed it. Lcr is a great gun too.

10. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I've been thinking of Remora holsters and sounds like the LCR is the perfect handgun to get one for. I'll call an order in later this week.

11. mag318

mag318 Member

I just bought an LCR 22, I like the look of the Remora holster so I think I'll try one. For that kind of money you can't go wrong.

12. RevDerb

RevDerb New Member

13. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Mine is the now discontinued (I believe) LCR-BGXS (night sight) model, it is dated 2010 per the spent casing that came with it. It was "used" but NIB when I got it.

14. DustyDoll

DustyDoll New Member

Just bought one with the Crimson Trace Laser. Love it, as I am sure you will. Good find!