Ruger LCR .22wmr

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by badasstruck, Jan 14, 2013.

1. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

I just ordered one. Any thoughts on the pistol or LCR line? I've read some good reviews and am looking forward to shooting it!

2. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I wonder why Ruger made it a 6 shot instead of an 8 shot like the .22LR LCR?

3. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

Pressure perhaps??

4. BlackWidow

BlackWidow New Member

The long cases of .22M can cause extraction issues, especially with a snub. Ruger went for reliable extraction over higher capacity.

5. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

The 22 WMR seems like a good idea. I like the idea of the 22lr as well for cheaper practice. The 357/38's are also nice, light, accurate guns.

6. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

I'm thinking its going to be a really fun gun to shoot! Maybe even a great pocket gun!

7. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

22 mag is nothing to sneeze at, should carry quite well.

8. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Actually you should not shoot 22lr in a cylinder designed for 22wmr. They are not the same diameter case. Guns that shoot both have two different cylinders. The Ruger doesnt have a second cylinder does it?

9. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

i think he was talking about two different models of the lcr

10. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

No I was just talking about the other model in 22lr. That would be awesome if they did offer a swappable cylinder though.

11. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I recently bought an LCR in 22lr. and so far I love it for plinking. Trigger is heavy because its rimfire but still pretty smooth.

12. Colby

Colby New Member

The 22wmr case is larger diameter than the 22lr. That makes spacing in the cylinder tighter - so ... use the 6 shot spaces - no trouble.

The LCR is a good shooter. It softens the 38 Special recoil of the very simialar S&W Airweight 38's. It's Hogue grip wraps all the way around the backstrap giving a cushioning that the S&W doesn't have. The S&W is a little unpleasant to range shoot. The LCR .. softer. I own both.
    This "taming" of recoil of the 38 will be lost on the 22's though.
    The LCR has a very smooth trigger - recognized by most who shoot the gun.
    It's a good one. You should like it...

13. trainman

trainman New Member

I will be interested to hear how they shoot when someone gets one. I have a .38 and my only complaint is the trigger pull seems really long. That's not a deal breaker, but I noticed it.

14. mag318

mag318 Member

I just ordered one through my local dealer and can't wait to get my hands on it. I already have an LCR 22 so the Magnum will be a good conpanion piece. I'll post a review after I get it.

15. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

Mine is supposed to be here Tuesday/Wednesday. I cannot wait!!

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

i would love to see chronograph data on it and the same length barrel in a 22lr. im betting the 22lr has more muzzle velocity.

17. mag318

mag318 Member

A comparison would be interesting. The main advantage I see is the fact that the 22 Magnum has better bullets like Critical Defense, Gold Dots and PDX1s.

18. JonM

JonM Moderator

i think some companies are loading 22wmr with pistol friendly powder now too.

19. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

They aren't even close with the magnum over 300 fps according to ruger stats

20. JonM

JonM Moderator

i dont put much faith in manufacturer statistics.