Ruger LCP

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by RustyGrill, Jan 21, 2013.

1. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

Any modifications ?

2. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

A touch of orange paint on the front sight. Some folks like the laser sights for these little guns since the sights are so small. Some shooters also find that a grip sleeve helps get the trigger reach to be a bit better as well as giving a bit more purchase on the small grip.

Other than that, clean it lube it, load it and learn to shoot it. Get a good holster for it and enjoy.

Some can have some problems with metal peening of the barrel hood and slide, where they mate up. If you notice this problem developing contact Ruger and they will usually fix it.

3. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

Thank for the great device and tips.

4. thefourthD

thefourthD New Member

If its your EDC, clean it often. The little bugger seems to get dirty easier than my others. It's a fuzz magnet. And I never pocket carry.

5. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Wife and I ran 50 rounds through hers today it pretty much an up close and personal defense piece but so far never a hiccup!
    It seems to do what it was designed for very well!

6. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

Yeah it is an up close weapon, I can't shoot this for anything at all

Lol

7. dalen

dalen New Member

I shot 20 rounds through the wife's today. At 10 yards, I got maybe half in a 8 in target. I just think it hurts to shoot. 20 rounds though my bersa thunder 380 and got them all in a 6 inch target at 20 yards. I have thought about getting a rubber grip sleeve off ebay to see if that helps.

All in all, I might have 50 rounds thru it myself, and the wife has a few hundred thru it. Never a hiccup or jam.

8. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

I have fired it with a rubber grip and no help at all

9. dalen

dalen New Member

10. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

only thing ive gotten for mine is a pocket holster a spare mag and ammo. they really dont need anything beyound that

12. danolator

danolator New Member

Except two spare mags and more ammo.

13. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

I love mine. Crimson trace laser, belt clip, n rubber grip.. She's complete

ForumRunner_20130204_135355.jpg

14. RustyGrill

RustyGrill New Member

Looks beautiful !!!

15. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Thanks, and I have to say I trust my life with her. The grip n laser helped alot with control

16. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

Great job cutting around trigger/laser guard - how did you do it ? Usually the rubber stretches back some or worse case - tears.

How do you like clip ? I've been putting a lot of thought into it. Ruger advises against it - advise holster to prevent pocket lint n fuzzies from getting into the gun. IMHO - the view or inspection port in chamber is a mistake. Defense ammo is usually nickel plated which blends in and I have to move the slide rearward to perform a chamber check anyway.

I have bulldogs cellphone holster next to my bed. (black case blends in w black table and doesn't alarm people.) It's my last ditch defense but I'm worried about the clip not fitting in it. It's a tight fit already.

I went w laser to correct speed bump like sights.

17. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Thanks, I just used a razor to cut off, I love the clip never had a problem. It clips great on my blent or shorts. I do see lint at times by the hammer but has not affected the operation of the firearm.

18. JustinM

JustinM New Member

I made a trade and got my wife and I both one last night. She's excited for her first pistol and getting her concealed.

image-2073509117.jpg

19. davva360

davva360 New Member

Who is getting the pink one? LOL

20. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

I love my LCP and carry it everywhere I go, if I have another larger gun with me or not. I added a little bright green paint to the front sight, installed a Hogue Hybrid grip (which is awesome) and added the +1 metal mag extensions from Impact Guns to every one of my mags. I have sold more than a few people on the LCP after shooting mine in this configuration.