Ruger LCP

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by cbw, Oct 24, 2008.

1. cbw

cbw New Member

Who out there owns a new Ruger LCP? They are hard to get, at least in the Midwest. Did you buy it local or over the net? How do you like it? Issues? This little 380 has great reviews, of course it's fairly new. I want one - go figure :D

2. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

They are good little pistols. If you cannot find one, get a Kel-Tec P3AT. It's pretty much the same exact thing. The only difference between the two is minor cosmetics, and the Ruger has a slide-lock device.

Both are good pocket pistols, and will serve you well for self-defense.

Both are capable of near one-hole accuracy at 7 yards, which is what they are designed for (up close and personal).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008

3. bgeddes

bgeddes New Member

I bought mine at a Cabela's with a year or so worth of Bday, Christmas, and Fathers-day gift cards. Nice little gun. Only issue I've had is feeding Hornday JHPs. I just bought a box of Speer Gold Dots and did a minor polish of the feed ramp. Neither has been tested yet. It will disappear in your pocket. I carry mine in a DeSanti Nemesis.

4. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

You will find that CORBON Powr'Ball ammo will feed perfectly. Don't get in the habit of shooting this gun a lot. They are not made for plinking.

5. Northwoods

Northwoods New Member

Why? What happens? Do they fall apart?:eek:

Or is the ammo to expensive?:rolleyes:

Or do they tear up your hand?:eek:

6. Mark F

It's your gun, go ahead and shoot it all the time...

7. Mark F

They are not made for plinking...

8. cbw

cbw New Member

I see Ruger has a recall on these now! :mad: Go to the Ruger site for the serial series that are being recalled. Someone else posted this on another thread on this forum, that's how I found out about it. Apparently someone dropped one and it fired, no injuries to date, but they are recalling and rewarding with a spare clip with I believe the finger extension on it. They also have made some other mods to the weapon since the frist couple of runs which they will install. So I guess it's good that I do not have one yet, I hate sending equipment back, although this is a must do for safety reasons.

9. Mark F

Yeah, these things happen. That's why I am rarely the first one to have a new gun.

10. supergus

supergus New Member

Looks like they switched to a Glock style trigger safety, did a little internal work, slapped a red dot on it and sent it back to the owner.

11. Mark F

Interesting.... I haven't seen that yet. I'll keep an eye out for it.

12. supergus

supergus New Member

Yup, just read an article in the latest issue of one of the gun mags.

13. Mark F

Cool, I'll check it out...

14. PAGLOCK23

PAGLOCK23 New Member

I'd like to get one of these also but my supplier says they are hard to come by. He quoted me 269.00 out the door.

15. cbw

cbw New Member

Please PM your supplier if your willing!

thanx

16. PAGLOCK23

PAGLOCK23 New Member

PM him about what? He can't get one.

17. JimA

JimA New Member

That's what they did to my SR9 that went back for recall. It works great.
    One week door to door turnaround.

The last I heard, they have not modified any LCPs yet. They are waiting for parts. There was no mention of a trigger replacement on Ruger's website.

I am waiting for the box so my little buddy can return to the mothership for mods. I really like mine now and I'm sure it will be fine after they work on it. The free mag with finger extension is a good bonus...

18. Mark F

Photos please... if possible.

19. JimA

JimA New Member

[​IMG]

Ready for work. This thing disappears in my right front pocket. That's a .454 cartridge for size comparison.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy pics, I'm not much of a photographer.

20. gunster99

gunster99 New Member

Got one...use for backup....luv it....but now back for the recall.