Ruger lcp?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JPenn856, Jul 2, 2012.

1. JPenn856

JPenn856 New Member

Anyone carry it? Do you like it? Is it reliable? Where do you generally carry it?

2. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

Yes I like it , I carry mine iwb. My only complaint is its trigger pull is hideous. That along with the external safety make it a very safe pistol to carry. But the trigger pull will effect your accuracy I know it effects mine. I practice keeping my shots center mass at 10yds, much past that and you would have a tough time claiming self defense anyway. Buy it, for pp/sd ,safety,comfort and concealability Id say its my favorite pistol I own.

3. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

I forgot reliability. Never had a ftf or fte. Its gone bang everytime

4. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

The LCP does not have an external safety.

5. treehugger49

treehugger49 New Member

(A) Yes, in the warmer weather when carrying my XD-40 isn't as feasible.

(B) Yes, but it's not fun to shoot particularly.

(C) Yes, but I recommend a thorough break-in period, and be sure if you use hollow points that they feed reliably. I personally prefer FMJ for self defense in the .380 caliber.

(D) Everywhere that's legal! In an Uncle Mike's® nylon pocket holster in my right front pocket.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You're right Winds.

But who needs one with that trigger?? :p

7. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

True my fault I was thinking LC9,and if the trigger pull is like the LC9 you prob wouldn't need a safety

8. G23LCPK45

G23LCPK45 New Member

Great little gun. Eats everything I've given it. Carry it in an Uncle Mikes #2 in the right front pocket...shorts only, jeans no. Jeans ain't as loose as they use to be. Great hot weather carry. And these days, its Death Valley temps. Trigger is long but it is not a plinker.

9. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I carry my Ruger LCP .380 so much it is a part of my anatomy. Not suppose to be my primary carry, as my .45 S&W is, but I find it quite light in weight, very efficient for closed confrontation, and (did I say) very reliable. :)

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Great little light weight carry piece, but what a tough gun to fire.

11. JPenn856

JPenn856 New Member

Cool. I put money down on one so that when my permits come in I can carry in Utah compliant states. Delaware and Pennsylvania being the two I frequent. I have heard great reviews but haven't shot one yet. I rented the sig p238, shot like a dream, but I can't lay down that kind of money right now. So, the lcp is going to be my little friend. trying to decide what to pick up my girlfriend. Any body have any ideas?

12. winds-of-change

I have a Sig P238. Yeah, it was pricey but a great gun. I liked the Ruger LCP pretty well, too. Just liked the Sig a little better. I think you'll be happy with it.

13. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

LCR = Toooooooo Small = Bad Trigger =Sub Caliber

LC9 = Toooooooo Large = Bad Trigger = Service Caliber

CM9 by Kahr = Juuuuuuust Right = Great Trigger= Service Caliber

JMHO

Tack

14. priell3

priell3 New Member

I carry my LCP when I need to conceal or it is just too damn hot to carry something heavier.

Over 500 rounds through mine of various brands of FMJ and HP ammo without problems. Last time out I put 75 rounds through it.

I have an Ace pocket holster and a Fobus paddle holster for different carry options.

15. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Remora holster for summer wear, as I am constantly in cargo or basketball shorts. :)

16. winds-of-change

My Sig P238 is in a Remora holster, too.

17. danolator

danolator New Member

I carry the LCP in my car because I can easily slip it into my pocket whenever I need to. Have an IWB holster for summertime shorts & T. But most of the time, I find my G19 Gen4 to be just as comfortable and way more reliable if needed For me it's Glock for the hood and LCP for the opera.

18. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I have been looking at the sub sized 380's for a while and ended up picking a taurus tcp 380. Way better trigger, smooth with no stacking, 10.2 oz handgun weight. But the same basic size as other micro 380's. Also shoots very well for a micro pistol. I bought the FS model that can be bought for 195 bucks retail. Packerized steel slide. Wet the slide in breakfree clp under a heat lamp, it will soak in to the metal and it should not rust any amount with basic up keep. Did this with a KT pf-9 and carried it at work for 2 1/2 years. taurus also make the tcp in ss, black finished ss and titanium.

19. JPenn856

JPenn856 New Member

I looked it up. It actually is a nice looking gun. Where do you carry it usually? Is it good in the pocket?

20. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I have times when going out where I dress a bit better wearing thiner slacks and my kahr cm9 is a bit wide and heavy enought that it does show in my front pocket. Thats wear the tcp will go to in place of the kahr at times. But not often. The tcp just seems to not show up in my pants front pocket. But the ruger and kt are like that too. The size is very close to the size of the ruger or the kt but the shape to me feels better in my hand. May not to others. Triggers way better. It seems to be one of the small 380's that has fewer issues and they all can have some. Mags need to be for that up dated model but they just seem to have less problems than other. The price was a suprise as most you see are priced like ruger ans kt at around 245 to 250. Being a mat finish steel I treated it like the KT pf-9 i had . Wet down well with breakfree clp and set under a metal desk lamp set real close and let the slide get hot and soak in the oil. I will do that twice. It seemed to work in the past for me as I worked constrution and the KT I had never showed signs of any rust in 2 1/2 years of sweating on it. So for 185 bucks for the FS model I just have to give it a chance.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012