Ruger LCP vs Sig P238

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by BullseyePrecision, Jan 9, 2012.

1. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Just wandering what everyones thoughts are on these two 380s.

2. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

My vote is for the SIG!:D

3. BullseyePrecision

Im leaning that way, price is more but I will be happy with it.

4. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

We sell a ton of the LCP's at academy but every time we get the Sig in, it sells within 2 days of us getting it in. Both are fine weapons. I'd rather have the Sig for concealed but that's because I don't like having fingers off the grip

5. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

I really like my 238. Friend and I were shooting yesterday and I let him try my sig and he liked it much better than his lcp.

6. BullseyePrecision

I will have fingers off with either gun im a big guy with big hands

7. DodgeThis

DodgeThis New Member

I want the 238 myself. I had a Kel-Tec P3AT, essentially the same as the LCR, didn't like it.

8. hmh

hmh New Member

238 and I own a lcp would trade it in a second for a 238. Except for the price difference.

9. sdcromer

sdcromer New Member

I love my LCP, but I REALLY love that P238 with the rosewood gripss!

10. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I own the LCP and love it, but the Sig is like a mini 1911. For a carry gun it would definitely be the Ruger, the Sig looks like a mantle piece that I wouod never have for a daily driver. Just a weekend show piece at the range.

11. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Yeah I'm not so big lol only 5'10" and 150 soaking wet

12. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

Dang, you just made me add one to the short list. Sig p238 here I come... In several months to a year.

13. Paperpuncher

Paperpuncher New Member

Sig overprices the rosewoods grip guns, buy a cheaper model and then shop Altamont grips.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  14. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

The seven round mags really, give you something to hold on to. Even if you have larger hands.

15. Riverg420

Riverg420 New Member

16. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

I go with the Sig first. But if your on a budget look at the S & W Bodyguard in 380. If you plan of putting a laser on a LCP I will cost you more for the LCP. Also the LCP slide doesn't stay open after the last shot which may have you thinking you still one more round left.

17. gunstockmaker

gunstockmaker New Member

I'm in for the Ruger! Price, ease of operation, accuracy - the LCP is a no brainier.

18. hmh

hmh New Member

If price is an none issue sig. If you are on a budget lcp. I have a lcp polished the feed ramp (do it on every gun I get) painted the sights with glow on. Never had a problem. It is my throw in the pocket gun.

19. Olympus

Olympus New Member

I was considering the same a few months ago. I went with the Sig because I could just feel a higher quality gun than the LCP. It operates similar to the 1911, so there was no learning curve on practical carry aspects for me since I'm used to the 1911. Nothing wrong with the LCP, but if you have the money I think you'll be happier with the Sig for the long term.

20. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I have an LCP 380 bought primarily as a back-up to my S&W 457. But have been carrying the lil' Ruger regularly since. :)