ruger lcp mag extension +1. Any good?

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by armed1212, Jan 22, 2012.

1. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

I have seen around the net a mag extension that adds one more round. Sounds great but will in not be as reliable as standard mag. I would think unless it came with a replacement spring as well it won't have enough tension..... Thoughts? Thank.

2. Bagger

Bagger New Member

I'm not sure we will be speaking about the same/same deal, armed1212 ... but, I have a LCP with a 'mag extension' so I can fit another finger on the gun.

This "extension" I have is just a replacement for the bottom portion of the magazine and does not give you more capacity. Just better retention. A little 'hook' for your finger to fit into.

With this mag extension, the gun retains it's 6+1 capacity.

I would get you a photo, but would take me too long.

Also, the LCP (IMO) is for very close engagement. The sights are rudimentary at best, and the gun has a pretty snappy recoil. Practice with the LCP is not all that much fun ... again IMO. But, the LCP is great to CC. I have a CT on the gun and don't rely on the sights. Just access the red dot and fire. Of course, one needs to practice with the gun to be effective in any encounter.

3. armed1212

armed1212 New Member

Yes i have the pinky grip but this one adds 1more bullet. And gives a full grip. I think it would be good as a back up mag, but wanted to know if anyone has seen or used it