Ruger LCP 357

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by JimRau, May 31, 2015.

1. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Yesterday I tested the Ruger and was VERY impressed. The double action was the best I have ever encountered in 55+ years of shooting!!! The accuracy with a target a 7 yds while shooting as fast as possible was great and the slow fire accuracy was outstanding (probably do to the great DA) and with several full power 357 loads it was comfortable and accurate. I compared it my SP-101 and it was not quite as fast and there was obviously more felt recoil than the 101 but it was completely controllable! I would highly recommend it for all. If you are a new/recoil conscious shooter stick to 38 loads. I would care one in harms way in a heartbeat!!!:)

2. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I've shot one along side an sp101 as well, more recoil but the double action trigger was much smoother until the sp101 got some trigger time.

3. Mouser

Mouser Active Member

Bought the LCR in .38 a couple of months ago...completely satisfied and the trigger sets the standard imo. It is a weapon that I regularly carry now and oddly enough, I like to shoot it on the range and I cant say that about most small, carry handguns.

4. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

The LCR 9mm is a potent little pea shooter as well.

5. Chup

Chup Member

I carry a LCR357 every day. I have about 3800 rounds through it. 2800 rounds were mid range 357. Good shooting gun. I can shoot it better than my SP101.

Attached Files:

6. indy36

indy36 New Member

I carry the 9mm version.
    [​IMG]

7. Dakota1

Dakota1 Active Member

I handled one in a gun shop last month. I thought the trigger was unusually good. I sold a S&W 649 to get the Ruger.

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

If I was in the market for a ccw revolver, it would most definitely have to be a LCR in .357! I still say it would be nice to be able to build a 4" Security Six in 5 shot .41 mag!

9. HOTCHKIS

HOTCHKIS New Member

have 2 LCR .38s & they are great to shoot!