1. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

I was looking for a concealed carry pistol and I liked the size of the lc9. I'm a huge fan of both ruger AND glock, but felt the glock 26 slide was a bit wide for deep concealment. I'm not a big guy (5'8" 150lbs) so I need something small with the lowest caliber in 9mm. I know some of the .380s are tiny but I won't carry anything less than 9mm. Thoughts on the lc9? Anyone own one? Are they finicky with certain ammo? Much appreciated fellas.

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I had one for about a year great gun, conceals easy and shoots everything.

Sold it to my brother and he likes it as well.

Only drawback is some people don't care for the really long trigger pull and the thumb safety.

3. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I own an LC9, I carry it regularly, I like it's concealability and feel in my hand after adding a little bit of rubber grip material to it.

It is definitely NOT my favorite gun to shoot at the range, but that is not it's role. I choose to pocket carry it in a Desantis Nemesis holster, I highly recommend this holster.

I do recommend the LC9, it has been a reliable CC gun, I probably have about 250 - 300 rounds of FMJ, JHP & Hornady Critical Duty +p ammo thru it, so far.

4. FernandoTheCommando

Yeah it does have a really long trigger pull from what I've seen in reviews.I'm not worried about fun at the range when it comes to a ccw pistol. All good info and thanks! Wish I could test one out before buying it though. I'd like to see how I shoot with the long trigger pull and snappy recoil.

5. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

That long trigger pull does not mean jack squat in a SD situation. The adrenaline takes care of that

6. WillWork4Ammo

WillWork4Ammo New Member

Have you looked into the Beretta Nano?It's kind of like a skinny Glock,has a decent trigger ,lightweight and thin ,and conceals great.

7. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

LC9 is a great conceal carry option! It eats whatever you feed it, the trigger pull is smooth, the gun feels solid, and in a pocket holster it weighs less than my wallet. I love it.

8. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

I've had my LC9 since last April, with about 1100 rounds through it(practice makes perfect). Very accurate at 10 Yds and in....

9. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

It's definitely accurate. I'd trust it out to 25. I can keep most of my rounds inside the kill ring on a Denton Qualification silhouette at 25 yards. That's less than a 12 inch spread.

10. fupuk

fupuk New Member

My wife and father in law both carry Lc9's. Im not a big fan of lightweight and small frame firearms, but the Lc9 is small and lightweight and my wife carries it everywhere so it is one of my favorite firearms that we own. It will do what its intended to do and firing it isnt bad at all.

Attached Files:

11. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

I got one a few weeks ago. After owning a Sig P250 I don't consider the LC9 trigger pull to be long. To me it feels just a bit shorter than a DA revolver, and I've been shooting them for years.

12. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

After having mine now for 18 months of just about everyday CC( with only a handful of exceptions) I can say a few things about this gun. If you have average to small hands but can handle the snappiness of a 9mm this size then this one is a winner ! Get at least two good holsters, and wear what's comfortable. Get as many extra mags as you can, and get at least two of the new 9 rd. extended ones. Try out different ball and SD ammo and find what yours likes best and stick with it. Get The Take Down Tool or a Ruger Gun tool.
    Mine likes just about all Ball ammo(115gr. & 124gr.) but is a little picky regarding SD rounds. Anything lighter then 80 Gr. might not cycle the slide...

13. FernandoTheCommando

All good info. Thanks a lot guys. Now someone go answer my Mossberg bead sight question in the shotgun forum lol. Btw I think I've been sold on the lc9 if I can find one at my lgs.