Ruger lc9

Discussion in 'Ruger Handgun Forum' started by cblowe13, Jun 15, 2013.

1. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

As all lc9 fans know the trigger pull length is a bit ridiculous at least to me anyway saw a video on the Galloway precision and it cut the trigger pull in half!!!!!! Does anyone have experience with changing this? Just wanted reviews or help really on if its worth the money because I do hate it that bad!

2. Colby

Colby New Member

It's not ridiculous to us all. I like the long trigger pull. That's why I'll carry it. It's a safety aspect.

3. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Well just to most people! The only safety you need is to not pull the trigger! It already has the external safety and a mag safety. The gun will not fire unless that trigger is pulled no worries

4. gsophis

gsophis New Member

I had the Galloway trigger job done on my LC9, it is a Huge improvement . The difference in the pull and the break point makes the LC9 a totally different gun.

5. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Thanks for the info how much to get it installed?

6. gregs

gregs New Member

I don't remember the price of the trigger job alone. I had the trigger job and adjustable trigger,stainless guide rod, and the springs replaced for about 180. I just sent the lower to them to do the work

Just contact Eric@gallowprecession.com and he can give you the details

7. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Thanks bro seriously. Springs make a difference?

8. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Check first....

If you never use it in self-defense you're good... otherwise, a modification like this may be used against you in a court of law (Civil Suit). Check out the topic on the RUGER FORUM, LC9 portion.

9. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

But I believe you can explain your story in court. I mean being a Leo I know that only changing the trigger with this minor modification in a self defense situation will not change the courts decision. But I do appreciate the info.

10. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

You can explain all you want, in the end, "you pays your money and you takes your chance". Being Leo is NOT the judge or jury. It is however, your call to modify or not to modify. An LC9 is NOT the same as an LC9 with a functional change. At the very least check This Link for your own edification, then decide -"fore warned is fore armed". The manufacture of the mod assumes NO liability but you do. :)

11. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Well the only reason this would be an issue is if they believe its a negligent discharge and the only way I'm shooting is in a very obvious threat situation. With someone's life about to be taken and you take that shot then its clear its not negligence and you can explain in court but yes they might say oh wait he cut his trigger pull in half. But there was an actual threat so why would I be charged? It's not like putting this kit on makes a hair trigger its still four pound trigger which is legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Time to coooool down. I don't deal well with people who leap from one assumption/conclusion to another like it was an Olympic Event. I passed on what other attorneys have written and what I felt was good council from others, not my opinion - as you have. I sincerely hope even as an Leo you are not thinking you are the definity authority on these laws. Do what you will do... I wish you well and if it comes up I hope you don't get a liberal judge and jury.

13. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

I'm cool lol no one is getting heated. I really appreciate you passing on those facts not trying to start anything. I understand where you are coming from I have just seen these situations in real life and not only heard about them. So I was expressing what I knew. By being a Leo I by No means think I am any different than anyone!!

14. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Good on ya'! ... I appreciate you being "out there". Have a close friend at church you is an Leo and we shoot at the range at times. I'm sure the "under belly of society" is beyond my imagination! :D

15. cblowe13

cblowe13 New Member

Like you couldn't even imagine lol