ruger LC9

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by potentialglock, Oct 7, 2012.

1. potentialglock

potentialglock New Member

Does anybody own or has fired a ruger LC9? I'm about to buy one and silly me didn't think to testfire one first. I got caught up in the auction and I'm hoping y'all will say its an awesome gun. Honest reviews would be great

2. marc29th

marc29th New Member

I have one and it is my everyday carry gun. It has a long double action trigger that can take a little getting used to. That is the only negative I can think of.

3. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

It's an awesome firearm for it's intended use. Nice and compact for perfect concealment. Like stated before the long trigger pull is the only issue but they have a trigger kit for it now that gives it a crisper pull with less reset and less play in it. I'm currently going to sell mine not because I dislike it but I want to limit my brands of firearms to hopefully one.

4. potentialglock

Sweet so with the lasermax is 356$ a good deal?

5. rurak

rurak New Member

I paid 299 used with 1 mag and the lasermax. I took the lasermax off. Its a waste IMO

6. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Sounds like about an average price for an LC9

7. potentialglock

8. marc29th

marc29th New Member

At that price NIB it's like getting the laser for free.

9. potentialglock

So once I pay the ffl I'll basically break even?

10. marc29th

marc29th New Member

Where I'm from new LC9's are about $350-375 not sure how much the lasermax goes for. So if it's a $100 laser you did real good, if it's a $50 laser you still did good.

11. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I have one and it is my most carried gun. Saying that its going away as soon as I can afford a sig P938. It is extremly reliable and reasonably accurate. Basically it does what it is intended to do. I just cant stand the trigger and being a lefty the left side only safety is a down side. $356 is about what I paid for mine without the laser but that was also when they first came out. Still sounds like a deal to me.

12. velofan

velofan New Member

I sold my Kel Tec PF9 and kept my LC9. It is well made and reasonably accurate. I agree with posts about the long trigger pull. It is hard to be really accurate with the trigger staging as it does. PF 9 trigger pinched my finger but stages better. All in all tho the Ruger is a great firearm.

13. potentialglock

Awesome I'm glad to gear it

14. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Please don't become a glock fanboy it's bad for your rep :D

15. potentialglock

If that's a shot at my username I set this up before I bought my first handgun. I'm a s&w fan and starting to get into ruger

16. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I was talking about glade. He's trading in all his non glock guns for glocks...poor soul. On the LC9 it's a great gun, I don't mind the pull that much my issue is having to use a tool to take it apart. Just not a fan of needing something like that to take apart my gun.

17. gladesbassin

gladesbassin New Member

That's exactally why I'm Trading off my other pistols, I want my firearms to break down the same way. Nothing against other brands since I'll still have a Taurus that no body wants to buy lololol. Not a fan boy though, just like my glocks. The only bad thing I said was the trigger pull sucked but I feel my pros outweighed the cons for my statement on the lc9

18. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Trade all them glocks in for 1911's ;D I'm just giving ya crap though. Glocks are good I just can't stand them I like to blindfold myself and be able to take a part my guns I can't do that looking for a tool :D (don't worry my wife thinks I'm crazy too).

19. potentialglock

So I picked up my lc9 and took it to the range today. Snappy little devil. Took a few rounds to adjust my grip but I've got it where I want it and all in all its a very nice "pocket" pistol. It would only fit in my cargo pockets but I think it'll be a great carry gun