Ruger LC9

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by louieboots, Dec 15, 2011.

1. louieboots

louieboots New Member

Yesterday I bought a Ruger LC9 for 399$ did I make a good choice? I don't know much about it other then it's a Ruger I trust that name..does any one else have one? Please leave feedback thanks!

2. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Fine choice. Ruger has really stepped up in the CCW world. LCP, LCR, LC9, SR9c, SR40c...all priced right as well.

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Louie , Little late to be asking that kind of question after you already bought it :) JK , but you just bought a fine pistol , I own one and its way more accurate than I would have ever given credit to a pistol that small , The wife loves to shoot it to . :)

4. louieboots

louieboots New Member

Thanks guys for the feedback!

5. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 New Member

I'd say you got a great little pistol! The LC9 is the next gun I plan on buying.

6. bostonscottkelly

bostonscottkelly New Member

Got one & I like it a lot....great for a ccw

7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Did you buy it at Gander Mountain? I saw an ad this weekend and I believe the LC9 was on sale at that price. I want one. :eek:

8. fergsgunshop

fergsgunshop New Member

I think they car a fine gun thats what I sell them at.

9. louieboots

louieboots New Member

Yeah I bought it at a nearby gun store called Barnwood Arms in Ripon Ca.

10. louieboots

louieboots New Member

Never heard of Gander mountain I don't think we have one in California..

11. RevDerb

RevDerb New Member

I carry the LC9 daily. Approx 400 rounds with zero malfunctions.

12. SDK73

SDK73 New Member

Gander mountain has the LC9 for $379 this week. I am undecided between the LC9 and SR9c!

13. Primul

Primul New Member

Hope the finish on those is better than a P95, I've had to refinish more than a couple within a few weeks of purchase, due to rust showing up. Even when well oiled, granted it was summer and they were shooting with sweaty, salty hands, but a few week old firearm should not show rust, in my opinion. (on P95s that is)

14. CAAD8N8

CAAD8N8 New Member

The SR9c is a great gun as well. Obviously larger than the LC9, but a wonderful, versatile gun that I trust my life with every day. I don't think you could go wrong with either one.

15. WCS55

WCS55 New Member

Bought my LC9 and the desantis nemesis holster for it for 379.99 with tax and all.

Store in NE FL guarantees lowest prices in the country and they deliver. I couldn't pass up the LC9 for 330, was looking at the keltec PF9 but for $60 more I decided to go with the ruger - fit better in my hand and inserting the magazine and manipulating slide just felt smoother when I was at the store. My brother has the bodyguard 380 and I like the LC9 tigger and the 9mm cartridge more.

The LC9 has a loaded chamber indicator, safety and won't fire without a magazine in it ... But the safety is super easy to flick off (especially in front pocket carry) and pretty hard to flick back to safe.

I wish that ruger didnt have to make their firearms California legal - but I am completely satisfied with this product. 100 rounds through it, no malfunctions, and really accurate once you get used to the long DA trigger pull.

16. louieboots

louieboots New Member

Yeah I don't mind the safety's on it I think for a concealed weapon it's good so you don't have any accidental issues specialy if you have one in the pipe..I can't wait to pick mine up the day after Christmas.. I ordered a black leather concealed holster from the Holsterstore.com I did reviews on the holster it's supposed to feel real comfortable ..will see

17. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

I love my little LC9. I have about 4000 rounds through it. I have had two fail to feeds but one was when a friend limp wristed it and the other was with cheapo range reloads. The finish is starting to wear a little but not the slightest sign of rust. With the flush mag bottom no one will ever see me carrying in even on my 140lb 6 ft frame. With the extended mag plate it is a blast at the range I dont care what anybody says. If you can handle the recoil from a full size .40cal you can handle this little pistol.

18. louieboots

louieboots New Member

I picked up my LC9 this morning and shot 50 rounds through it no problems..so far so good I really like it and it's pretty accurate as well..

19. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

I've had an LC9 for about 6mo . I like the size,weight and the ext safety. But compared to my CW9 that LC9's striker fired trigger sucks. The first time I took it out I pulled-pulled-pulled is this damn thing gonna go off? BANG . Didn't group very well at first, took me a while to get used to that trigger.

20. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

Its hammer fired not striker fired.