Ruger Lc9 VS Kel Tec PF9

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by mccartro, Feb 14, 2012.

1. mccartro

mccartro New Member

Which should I purchase?? I need some thought from owners of each??

2. Keltec

Keltec New Member

My pf9 is awesome comfortable to conceal and I really like mine a lot

3. JTEX

JTEX New Member

Can't say on the ruger. But have owned the pf9 and loved it. Awesome lil gun for the money!

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The Kahr CW9.

5. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Lc9 hands down. I owned the Kel-Tec pf11 and it functioned flawlessly however, The crappiest trigger I have ever squeezed. The trigger pull is God awful and heavy heavy. 8 or 9#'s can't remember. Hated shooting thing. The LC9 was excellent. Trigger pull was long but manageable and not to snappy. Not a gun I would consistently shoot at the range a lot but a nice carry piece for sure. Having had both, I would pick the LC9 again over Kel-tec. My shop is selling them NIB for $325

6. fmj

fmj New Member

I like my PF-9

Have shot the LR9c and liked it as well...both great guns...but the PF-9 is more/easier concealable

7. JTEX

JTEX New Member

True g17frantz! The pf9 trigger is not the best. Heavy trigger. Long trigger.

8. ChuckBurns

ChuckBurns New Member

I own both. They are pretty much the same gun with the LC9 having a better fit and finish. The LC9 is also better quality. My PF9 has had a cracked slide, and then the slide release lever broke. The PF9 has a lifetime warranty for the original owner. I would not want to own a PF9 without the lifetime warranty.

Both are very accurate. The stock trigger on the PF9 is better than the LC9 but the small radius curve hurts the finger. I installed the aluminum trigger which made a great improvement. The factory LC9 trigger is much longer and breaks when the trigger is pulled all the way back to the frame. This greatly affects my accuracy. After installing a Galloway trigger bar and hammer in the LC9 it is just awesome. The modified trigger reduced my group size to 2" and 3" at 7 yds.

My preference is for the Ruger LC9. For a hundred dollars more you get a better quality firearm in the LC9.

9. Jcop

Jcop New Member

I owned the LC9and probably put 800 rounds through it. This gun works perfect for IWB conceal carry, but not a particularly fun gun to shoot. Even with the trigger pull I was able to obtain good accuracy at 7 yards. Shooting quick shots was not easy either due to the trigger pull. I did trade the gun, but regret it now. The XD40SC is too heavy for conceal carrry. I've only pulled the trigger on the Keltec and it was very uncomfortable and painful. Currently looking for a replacement for the LC9.

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Ruger over Kel Tec all day every day :cool:

11. hossman

hossman New Member

I had both LC9 and the PF9. If your trigger finger is very big it will get pinched in the PF9. The trigger guard is too small in front of the trigger. I bought the Ruger last week and gave the PF9 away yesterday. I'm extremely happy with the Ruger.

12. codemanod

codemanod New Member

It's going to depend on you and your budget. If your budget is tight or if you really don't care about fit and finish and just need a work horse, get the pf9. If you can afford to spend a little extra and like a nicer fit and finish, get the lc9. Weight is another thing, the pf9 is noticeably lighter to carry than the lc9. I honestly don't think you can go wrong either. Hope this helps.

13. WilliamTF

WilliamTF New Member

I bought the lc9, I like the fact the Ruger had an ext safety. The trigger pull is worse on th KT??? Whoa