Ruger lc9 owners

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by g17frantz, Jul 18, 2011.

1. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Hey all just picked up a new Ruger LC9 Saturday. Using it as a summer carry/backup when I don't feel like toting around my G17. Anything I need to know about them? Since they're relatively new haven't heard a lot of feedback bad nor good. Shot 100 rounds through it so far no problems. (Yet) I think its a pretty solid gun so far I just hate stripping the thing, the stupid loaded chamber indicator and the magazine safety. Shoots great and not as much muzzle flip as I thought it was gonna be. Thanks in advance for comments

2. roachcore

roachcore New Member

There are lots of YouTube videos about how to remove the magazine safety and lower the profile of the loaded chamber indicator

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

4. RevDerb

RevDerb New Member

I don't know what could be easier than field stripping an LC9. Do it a couple more times and you'll realize how easy it really is. Enjoy. I do mine. :D

5. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Um....field stripping a Glock is much easier....just sayin. But yea it gets easier still don't love the take down.

6. bigbomar4

bigbomar4 New Member

The loaded chamber indicator does kinda bother me but I think a drimil tool is in its future. Other than that I have had no problems or other dislikes about mine. But Iv only had it 2 weeks and have only put a few boxes though it.

7. demetrius

demetrius New Member

My LC9 is awesome. 200 rounds through it so far and it has been great. Would recommend to anyone for concealed carry!

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Man, I wish I had your money :)
    To be able to buy a handgun without doing research first is something I always wanted to do.
    Maybe some day.

9. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Wow....way to start talking crap. I really liked the way the gun felt. Was really curious to see if anybody who had one had much to say about them. I did some research. Yea I don't like the chamber indicator and don't love the mag safety...but still love the gun. Chamber indicator has no effect on the gun and when I thought about it...I wouldnt carry an extra mag so the magazine safety not a big deal. Field stripping....yea don't love it but I'm used to a Glock. BUT I CAN LOOK PAST ALL THESE ISSUES BECAUSE IT SHOOTS GREATS, FEELS GREAT, AND CONCEALS QUITE NICELY.
    Why am I explaining myself?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  10. thekwconch

thekwconch New Member

I had one, loved the size for ccw, problem the ammo types I use misfired 80% of the time! Could not bear to have a wepon I could rely on...

11. magnumman

magnumman New Member

I am with you, I picked up the LC9 for a summer carry gun. I love mine. The loaded chamber indicator doesnt bug me a whole lot and I have had guns with mag disconnect safeties so I guess I am used to this feature. For anyone who is looking to get one of these, dont plan on getting a gun that is fun to shoot at the range all afternoon. This gun is made for a purpose and that is to be a small, light weight carry gun and it does that job perfectly.

12. millerw289

millerw289 New Member

Bought the keltec pf9 rather than the lc9. Love the gun. I did replace the extractor but it was simple and kt's cs is great. I figured I would buy the original. I mean if it was good enough for ruger to copy like they did with the lcp and the p3at it was good enough to buy. Very happy with my purchase.

13. Sgt01

Sgt01 New Member

I did the same as Millerw289. I initially was going to buy the LC9 since I really like my LCP. I compared the LC9 and the PF-9 side-by-side at my LGS. Fit and finish on the LC9 was without a doubt superior, but I ended up with the PF-9. I really disliked the very long trigger pull on the Ruger (not to mention all the safeties). The PF-9 trigger pull was much smoother, a good bit shorter and it didn't have all the redundant safeties.
    I've been very happy with my decision.