Ruger LC9 Introduced

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by ScottA, Jan 3, 2011.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Crap. Now do I have to wait until February or March to check out another sub-compact 9mm?

Ruger® LC9™ Centerfire Pistol Models

My birthday is in 2 weeks. I was hoping to have the decision made by then.

2. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

That would be cool if it were the same size as an LCP. It's added length and height take it out of the pocket carry gun, IMO. Maybe if I hold one it will change my mind.

3. DrJason

DrJason New Member

The Kahr PM9 is still smaller and lighter.....but more expensive......tough call :confused:

4. michigan0626

michigan0626 New Member

Not what I was expecting. The Kel-Tec PF9 is skinnier, shorter in heigth and length, and over a quarter of pound lighter. All of this while still holding the same 7+1 capacity. Not to mention $100 cheaper.

But then again I hated the PF9 and sold mine.

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Looks tiny enough.

6. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

I was hoping for something a little closer to the size of my LCP. I think I'm going to get a Kahr PM40 instead.

7. orangello

orangello New Member

Wonder how it compares to the CW9 (comparably priced Kahr)? http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CW9.asp

8. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

It looks smaller then my SR9c, but it also holds 3 less rounds. Since it is about the same price I am not sure if it is a real advantage. The SR9c is easily concealed.

9. David26

David26 New Member

I have had the SR9c in my hand it it feels like a great gun with a removable mag finger extention to go with it that actauly works well not to mention it can take the full size SR9 mags and has a good little light/laser rail. This little thing looks like somthin that would just end up in my wifes purse. Deff not the next must have gun like the email they shot me yesterday.

10. billdeserthills

billdeserthills New Member

I used to use my Kel-Tec P-11 as a pocket gun, I'm sure this gun won't be any larger than the Kel-Tec gun Ruger is once again copying:mad:

11. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Lots of hype and an anti-climax for sure. Another Kel-Tec clone...