Ruger krh 444

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by Aktarus, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Aktarus

Aktarus New Member

I bought in Italy on RUGER Redhawk KRH 444. No I never challenged it used, because in the armories are not yet available. I do not know his reaction to the shot, and I am also concerned for his barrel of 4 "It is not too short for a 44mag.? :rolleyes: You, what do you think about this revolver?:confused:

By A.

2. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Personally I love redhawks as they are built like a tank-you're never going to wear it out. Another cool thing is the lockwork, they have 1 spring serving as both a mainspring and trigger return spring. That makes for a smooth, non stacking trigger pull. The 4" barreled Redhawk should pack great if the weight don't bother you. I wouldn't mind having a 4" version myself.

3. Aktarus

Aktarus New Member

for Stalkinbear

Thanks Stalkingbear, did not know this particular spring only <<< have 1 spring serving as both a mainspring and trigger return spring>>> .... we always learn!
    This revolver is fantastic!

By A

Attached Files:

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The Redhawk is a stout and very dependable revolver. it will reliably shoot whatever you feed it and it will do it every time. It also weighs enough so that you can use it as a club if necessary. :cool:

5. Aktarus

Aktarus New Member

for CA357

Thanks CA357 - I worried about the reaction of 44mag. barrel with 4 "... but rightly so, as you say, the weight reduces the blow on the hand.

By A

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  6. Viking

Viking Active Member

I have owned a SS Redhawk with a 7 1/2" barrel for over 20 years, at 3 1/4 lbs. it's heavy but that really soaks up the recoil. My guess is that even though you have 3 1/2" less barrel it still has enough weight to ease recoil. There are times I've thought a shorter barrel would make it easier for a skinny guy like me to carry but I do make some longer range shots out hunting where the longer barrel really helps for accuracy. Redhawks are the toughest revolver made and totally dependable, mine has never let me down.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
  7. Aktarus

Aktarus New Member

for Viking

I am tall 1.70 m. weight 58kg. and my hand is small. I never bought a 44mag revolver. ... for fear. I thought I was too "small". :eek:
    After reading your advice, I have "convinced" that he had made a good choice. Now only the aspect Redhawk arrivals. :)
    Thanks

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

.44 mags are not that bad, IMHO. To me they push/roll in recoil. I feel comfortable shooting several hundred rounds a day. I have a 4" and a 6". I had a 7 1/2" and there was not much difference in felt recoil.

9. Aktarus

Aktarus New Member

for robocop 10mm

Thanks Robocop 10mm. The reviews that you all have given, were very positive. Now, thanks to you, I'm sure I have done a good purchase. Thank you very much for your willingness.

Some tests made with KRH RUGER 444 gave the following results: Loading and shooting a double action is fabulous, "I would say perfect," while the single action is too "hard." The Board of testers is to reduce the 1/2kg weight on the shot. So it will be perfect! That is why I asked my dealer to reduce the click of 500gr. When you have done this "small change" I'm going to pick up my little "eagle" ;)

10. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Excellent! Please post a range report and some photos when you can. :cool:

11. Aktarus

Aktarus New Member

Ca 357

This is a part of the "test" As for sending my "Photo" I'll have to wait for delivery which will be for 15-20 Dicembre

Attached Files:

12. Aktarus

Aktarus New Member

I'm sorry, but an Italian magazine. I hope it is useful also

Attached Files:

13. Aktarus

Aktarus New Member

It says that shooting in D.A. is perfect. In S.A. because it is too hard to unhook 2.800gr. ... are too many. The new test was carried out with the click just above the regulated 2.000gr. ;)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  14. Aktarus

Aktarus New Member

On December 16 the little REDHAWK will be mine! ... and as soon as possible some pictures posters in FirearmsTALK :)