Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just your input about them and if you own any. I'm going to be purchasing a Ruger P85 9mm tomorrow I'm pretty excited it comes with 2 magazines 1 15rd and 1 20rd.

·
Registered
748 Posts
They are good quality and a fair price IMO. I own 4 Rugers and I have not one lick of trouble with any of them.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
"They are good quality and a fair price IMO. I own 4 Rugers and I have not one lick of trouble with any of them. "

Exactly

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'd like to add that I have a soft spot for single action revolvers, and I am biased towards Ruger a little when to SA. I do own a P95 and it has never failed in any way, it is my bedside HD gun, I run about 100 rnds/ month out of it.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
I have 4 Rugers too!!!:). I have a P95, SR1911, SR22, and a 10/22. I have had no problem with any of them!! The P95 was my first handgun and will never get rid of it!!

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Agreed with all above comments...You'll be hard pressed to find anyone with anything bad to say about a Ruger...

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The only thing I have against Ruger products is that I don't own enough of them.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I have several Ruger guns and like others have stated, they make a good quality gun for a good price. However, I find them overly hyped on the interwebs.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
I have a 10/22 a 22/45, a New Vaquero and a P95. I had a P90 as well. Every one of them is a great gun.

·
Banned
1,903 Posts
I am a ruger revolver fan for life. Nothing better, sorry sam colt.

Their pistols are just that, functional, rugged, nothing flashy. They go bang every time you pull the trigger.
Hope you enjoy your new pistol.

Imo there are better PISTOLS on the market for the money, but you cant go wrong with a ruger, enjoy.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I love them, never had any issues.

·
Banned
1,903 Posts
Fathead00 said:
I have 4 Rugers too!!!:). I have a P95, SR1911, SR22, and a 10/22. I have had no problem with any of them!! The P95 was my first handgun and will never get rid of it!!
I have unfortunately not been able to even handle a sr1911 yet. How is she? How does she feel, how does she shoot?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have unfortunately not been able to even handle a sr1911 yet. How is she? How does she feel, how does she shoot?
It's soooooo sweet, I love it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Rugers are extremely well made and are completely bullet proof. Your grand kids will inherit all your Rugers and they will still perform without issues.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I went to the gun store today to pick up a SA XD40c, but left instead with a SC40c. I'm very happy. Got an American-made pistol that fits my hands better and conceals like a dream. Can't wait to shoot it!

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Ruger. but being a 9mm, you would need both clips to do any damage. IMO. I really soured on the 9mm when my nefarious next door neighbor was lit up at close range with a Mac-10, hit 9 times, and he's fine today. If it had been a Mac-11...............

1 - 20 of 59 Posts