Firearms Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has seen the Ruger Gunsite in stock anywhere online for less than $900...i've been looking EVERYWHERE but with no luck I'm about ready to kill for a stainless model :D

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has seen the Ruger Gunsite in stock anywhere online for less than $900...i've been looking EVERYWHERE but with no luck I'm about ready to kill for a stainless model :D
Ruger is well known for building a few prototypes and sendinbg them to the gun rags. If there are a ton of orders, they will tool up a production line and start producing them. If not, they will announce that it was cancelled for "technical" reasons.

There is always a delay of anywhere from 9 to 18 months between the time that Ruger announces the product and the time you can actually buy one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The GSR has been out since late 2010. I bought a rh model in early 2011 for $800. Just traded it for a new lefty. Going price for the last year has been around $750.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
There is one for about $800 at the big five in my town.

·
Premium Member
22,674 Posts
Thanks for the insult, Dude.
No insult. Just stating the opinion that I think the GSR is overpriced by about $300.

Regardless of bells and whistles, it's still a Ruger.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
local shop to me has one dunno the price as it isnt one im terribly interested in. its been on the shelf for like 2 months now.

i think its nothing but a ruger m77 hawkeye with crappy placement of the rail system and not so hot iron sights. if they had of included useful irons i might have a different opinion. something like you find on a garand or m1a and they woulda had something. but they are more like magpul mbus sights at best

i think your better off with a regular m77 but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Garadex said:
I plan on getting out as soon as I can.
Me and you both brother I live in NY and as soon as my girlfriend finishes college here *pfft* I'm gone in a puff of smoke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts