Ruger Gp100

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by TwelveGageTaylor, Nov 10, 2013.

1. TwelveGageTaylor

TwelveGageTaylor New Member

Ruger Gp100 6in for $560... Any pros or cons to this gun? Is the price a deal or steal?

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have a Ruger GP 100. Great revolver. Built like a tank and will probably last forever. I think that price is about right.

3. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

That's around what the vendors were charging for new 6" ones today, and a used 4" was $500 and even before my wife picked it up he was down to $480.

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Compare the price with buds gun shop online. Buds usually has the best prices on Ruger revolvers. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples (the same model). When I bought my convertible the LGS wanted the same price for a used pistol as a new pistol from Buds.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

decent price for that pistol if it's new. very good pistol with a stellar reputation. would serve you well for many years to come.

6. Mercator

Mercator New Member

New, in a standard configuration - deal. Upside: quality built, indestructible, easy takedown, easily replaceable front sight. Downside: heavy DA trigger (but DIY upgradeable)

7. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

I check prices on the web, then if I can get the LGS to within $50 of the web price, I will buy local.

If the LGS within $20 - $30 of the (web price + FFL fee + any shipping), then I'll go with the local price.

8. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I have one and it is one of my favorites...

[​IMG]

9. Balota

Balota ... but I used to play keyboards.

Ruger makes very good revolvers. Don't know if you shoot IDPA, but that 6" barrel would not pass the equipment rules. Barrel length for IDPA is 4.2" from front of cylinder.

10. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

I like my 4in. Shoots very well. Put some fiber optic sights and a Wilson spring kit in it and now its even better.

ForumRunner_20131110_204449.jpg

ForumRunner_20131110_204505.jpg

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

12. TwelveGageTaylor

TwelveGageTaylor New Member

Smith & Wesson 629 Classic 6" was the winner!

13. regload

regload Member

To the OP: Your question "Any pros or cons to this gun? ".
    There is only one "con": if you don't have enough money to buy it. Otherwise, it is the ultimate modern SA/DA revolver.